VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 05:15:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 tickets available for bammer  (Read 1132 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2022, 12:27:02 EDT »

Section Y8, row 55 (directly under the party deck)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 01:00:18 EDT »

First?  ;). I will definitely take them
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 01:37:04 EDT »

First?  ;). I will definitely take them
Cool

I'll PM my phone number

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 01:38:06 EDT »

Cool

I'll PM my phone number

You just made my sons VERY HAPPY!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 06:18:12 EDT »

Ah dam, wish I had seen this.   

Enjoy 10EC!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 09:04:58 EDT »

Enjoy 10EC!

I'm kinda glad I saw this late - I would've been tempted to change my mind about going!   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 09:18:44 EDT »

I'm kinda glad I saw this late - I would've been tempted to change my mind about going!   

I'm in Knoxville this week visiting my folks, so it would be easy for me to go. 20 minutes vs 3.5 hours.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 09:41:43 EDT »

I'm in Knoxville this week visiting my folks, so it would be easy for me to go. 20 minutes vs 3.5 hours.   

I was thinking about visiting my parents in Athens, TN this weekend.  However, even if I was in town, it would be an ordeal for me to go due to the terrible arthritis in my knees, hip and back.  I really need to get a handicap permit.  I probably don't have any business going to any stadiums these days.       But hey, a shizzleload of pain pills and a bottle of good Tequila....I could probably abide.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 10:30:33 EDT »

I was thinking about visiting my parents in Athens, TN this weekend.  However, even if I was in town, it would be an ordeal for me to go due to the terrible arthritis in my knees, hip and back.  I really need to get a handicap permit.  I probably don't have any business going to any stadiums these days.       But hey, a shizzleload of pain pills and a bottle of good Tequila....I could probably abide.   

Back in the day, you would fit right in!   

UT has done a better job of policing drunks and cracking down on alcohol coming into the stadium.  Through the 80s, 90s, and a good chunk of the 00s, the entire stadium smelled like Jack Daniels.  The odor is still there, just less pronounced.

It's an improvement actually...Pirate and I have dealt with many obnoxious drunks behind or next to his seats over the years, and the one time I took a bammer fan (gasp...I know, but he's a good bud) to the game in 2014, I dam near got in a fight with the three drunk #badword#s behind me, but the KPD came and got them before it got to that point.  I'll never forget what the lead cop said..."hey you knuckleheads...come over here in the aisle, we need to  take a little trip"   

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 10:37:22 EDT »

Athens?? That's my wife's home town, and we go there quite often. You wouldn't happen to know some Winders or Brewsters, would you?

We have 15 acres in the vast metropolis of Philadelphia TN, and we're about to build a cabin

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 10:40:20 EDT »

Speaking of Athens, I recently read an account of the "battle of Athens".  Good stuff!

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 11:06:06 EDT »

Athens?? That's my wife's home town, and we go there quite often. You wouldn't happen to know some Winders or Brewsters, would you?

We have 15 acres in the vast metropolis of Philadelphia TN, and we're about to build a cabin

Holy Schniekies, Ken Winder was my great uncle.  I loved him to death.  He was always so nice to me.  He married my mamaw's sister, Glenda, who passed away only a few years ago.  Uncle Ken passed away quite a while ago.  Glenda was the last of the Foster family, if you have heard of them.  I spent quite a few summers at my Mamaw and Papaw's house on Cedar Springs rd, back in the 70's and 80's.  My uncle (my mom's brother) lived with them in the same house and both he and my Papaw worked at the stove foundry in town.  I think my papaw worked at the foundry for almost 50 years!  His name was CLifford Orton and he was kinda famous in town for fixing lawn mowers. He could fix anything with a small motor.  I remember well driving around town in his '69 Ford pickup delivering lawn mowers that he had fixed and picking up others that needed work.  He would sometimes charge less than the parts cost and that would get my mamaw so steamed --- I can almost hear her yelling "Clifford" as loud as she could in that sorta Appalachia drawl. 

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 11:16:45 EDT »

Back in the day, you would fit right in!  

UT has done a better job of policing drunks and cracking down on alcohol coming into the stadium.  Through the 80s, 90s, and a good chunk of the 00s, the entire stadium smelled like Jack Daniels.  The odor is still there, just less pronounced.

It's an improvement actually...Pirate and I have dealt with many obnoxious drunks behind or next to his seats over the years, and the one time I took a bammer fan (gasp...I know, but he's a good bud) to the game in 2014, I dam near got in a fight with the three drunk #badword#s behind me, but the KPD came and got them before it got to that point.  I'll never forget what the lead cop said..."hey you knuckleheads...come over here in the aisle, we need to  take a little trip"  

I remember lots of drunks and that Jack D smell as well in the 70s and 80s - mixed in with the smell of Marlboro's.  I remember we used to do tailgates at YouTee's office and a fellow VTTW'er (who was that? EmerilVol??) and I finished off a bottle of premium Tequila I had brought back from Cabo.  Oh my that was the drunkest I have ever been at a game, and I was sitting with my parents!  I had to try very hard to hold it together, and I was able to!  Excellent Tequila is a damn good drunk!  
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 11:25:47 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2022, 02:53:29 EDT »

My dad grew up in Athens.  Spent a good part of my life in that town.  My Grandfather and his brother (my namesake) have their names in the courthouse b/c they were both officers over the guard unit there when WWII broke out.  Walter and Lee Moses.  Walter live off of Jackson Street near where the post Athenian was.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 04:27:50 EDT »

Speaking of Athens, I recently read an account of the "battle of Athens".  Good stuff!

My FIL's family was center mass of the conflict. It all started off when Ray Brewster, my FIL's dad, wasn't cared for after a car wreck and he passed because the sheriff thought he was a bootlegger. Well, that was a large part of it at least.

Ironically, that incident formed the Brewster Brothers, which lead to the formation of them with Dolly Parton.

If you want to hear the purtiest man-voice ever, google Paul Brewster and Kentucky Waltzes.

Tons of good stuff coming from the Battle of Athens / Philadelphia TN  . I'm loving the the smokies 

11B4PJ3F7
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 06:02:06 EDT »

Enjoy 10EC!

And I just got the third ticket for me.  It’s been 5 years.  I cannot wait for this!!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 06:43:41 EDT »

My FIL's family was center mass of the conflict. It all started off when Ray Brewster, my FIL's dad, wasn't cared for after a car wreck and he passed because the sheriff thought he was a bootlegger. Well, that was a large part of it at least.

Ironically, that incident formed the Brewster Brothers, which lead to the formation of them with Dolly Parton.

If you want to hear the purtiest man-voice ever, google Paul Brewster and Kentucky Waltzes.

Tons of good stuff coming from the Battle of Athens / Philadelphia TN  . I'm loving the the smokies 

Did you know Kenneth Winder?

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 06:25:42 EDT »

Did you know Kenneth Winder?

I don't know Kenneth, but his nephew Joe Winder is one of my best friends. His wife and my wife grew up together, and the four of us vacation at least once a year and we meet for weekend trips about every three months.

Small world

11B4PJ3F7
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2022, 11:28:42 EDT »

I don't know Kenneth, but his nephew Joe Winder is one of my best friends. His wife and my wife grew up together, and the four of us vacation at least once a year and we meet for weekend trips about every three months.

Small world

I don't think I knew any of Ken's extended family.  He has a son named Joe who lives in NC and another that lives near me that I never hear from....Eddie is his name.  He had two other kids that tragically died as very young adults. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: