VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 01:42:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitchell not dressed  (Read 1208 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2022, 12:34:56 EDT »

I like Squirrel on punt returns

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 12:37:05 EDT »

Per AP it’s not injury related

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 04:26:39 EDT »

Per AP it’s not injury related

Pulled the same shizzle last year
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 02:43:49 EDT »

What? Need to elaborate. Can't make that statement without clarification.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 02:47:25 EDT »

Also, didn't Mitchell play in the first game or two last year? And then they shut him down for shoulder surgery/repair? I believe so. Damn Nut?????
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 03:12:11 EDT »

Also, didn't Mitchell play in the first game or two last year? And then they shut him down for shoulder surgery/repair? I believe so. Damn Nut?????
yeah, didn't play well - Beasley took his spot

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 03:28:07 EDT »

What? Need to elaborate. Can't make that statement without clarification.

He mysteriously quit the team last year.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 03:41:59 EDT »

yeah, didn't play well - Beasley took his spot

I'm aware he didn't play well. Thought it was injury related. Guess not 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 03:53:12 EDT »

I'm aware he didn't play well. Thought it was injury related. Guess not 
IT was, as far as we know
but we rarely know the true reasons for some things
I think he was injured but other factors may have been involved as well

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2022, 08:13:46 EDT »

Go on. Clarify. If you make the implication you are making, you should be more specific. Clearly there has been, and there is some secret info. Give it up. He can't sue you. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 03:42:47 EDT »

He didn't quit.  He played well below expectations early, then it turned out he was nursing a shoulder injury, had surgery and missed the rest of the year.

You seem to be just making things up Nut. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 08:33:09 EDT »

According to VolNation Doug Matthew's says Mitchell is not injured & will miss more time. Hubbs says he is injured & will be back shortly. Dammit! I need to know!    
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 08:37:53 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 09:57:06 EDT »

He didn't quit.  He played well below expectations early, then it turned out he was nursing a shoulder injury, had surgery and missed the rest of the year.

You seem to be just making things up Nut. 

Yeah I don't buy it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 10:41:29 EDT »

That's your prerogative, but you are just assuming obviously. This I'll take what you say with a huge grain of salt.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 10:44:08 EDT »

Yeah I don't buy it.

My best friend from college who is a huge college fb fan moved to Erwin which is about 20 minutes from Norman and said the same.

It's good for us that he is. Another in a long line of Junior QBs that don't pan out.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 05:35:47 EDT »

That's your prerogative, but you are just assuming obviously. This I'll take what you say with a huge grain of salt.

Take it with salt, sugar, or any other seasoning of your choice.

He is out again this week. Not injured. Read the tea leaves.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 06:36:48 EDT »

Take it with salt, sugar, or any other seasoning of your choice.

He is out again this week. Not injured. Read the tea leaves.

It's fair to speculate on what the issue might be this year.  That doesn't mean he "quit" last year, when it was stated publicly that he was injured and then, you know, HE HAD SURGERY.  That's not "quitting" and its really a pretty low blow by you to say it is.

As for this year, maybe it's an attitudinal thing on his part.  Maybe he is having family issues.  Maybe he is suicidal.  Who the hell knows?

Having said that, maybe you have picked up some rumors from another site by so called insiders.  If so, feel free to share, but otherwise you are just speculating. I will withhold judgment on a 20 or so year old until I know something for sure.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 06:58:06 EDT »

It's fair to speculate on what the issue might be this year.  That doesn't mean he "quit" last year, when it was stated publicly that he was injured and then, you know, HE HAD SURGERY.  That's not "quitting" and its really a pretty low blow by you to say it is.

As for this year, maybe it's an attitudinal thing on his part.  Maybe he is having family issues.  Maybe he is suicidal.  Who the hell knows?

Having said that, maybe you have picked up some rumors from another site by so called insiders.  If so, feel free to share, but otherwise you are just speculating. I will withhold judgment on a 20 or so year old until I know something for sure.

Apparently the "insider" couch potatoes have info, but they ain't giving it up.  Something is up. Heupel alluded to injury again in Monday presser. Maybe that is a "strategic move" to hide behind HIPAA and not answer questions. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 07:09:29 EDT »

I tolled the other sites. 

Heupel has said or at least implied that it was an injury.

Apparently some media types say its NOT an injury.

Heupel's words were a bit vague.

Some are saying it's discipline related, that Mitchell didn't put in all the work he was supposed to. Some are saying its weed.  Some are speculating about a non-football injury like COVID or some illness.  Others are even saying that Mitchell wants to sit out to preserve himself for the NFL. 

Any of those could be true, but the last one is BULLshizzle.  I don't think Heupel or any coach would tolerate that.  Its one thing to sit out a bowl game in your last season with the program, but if I'm HC and a player says "hey I don't want to risk injury against Ball State" my foot is so far up his ass that he will be airborne off the campus before he finishes the sentance.  That some chucklehead would post on another board that Mitchell sitting out is "part of a plan to be ready for the NFL" is so past stupid that I almost have no words to describe how idiotic that is.
So...maybe it's still injury related, maybe he did get in the disciplinary doghouse, maybe its something else, but whatever it is, I am not going to make any accusations without knowing for sure.

At the same time, my expectations for him at UT are now pretty low.  Basically I'll take whatever we get.

I was hoping he would partially replace what we lost with To'o To'o, but that seems very unlikely.  At this point if he can even be a competent backup I'll take it.  Still would love to see him excel though!

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 07:09:40 EDT »

"Juwan’s ability to be healthy enough to be able to play for us, we will find out here at the end of the week," Heupel said.

“(Mitchell) just was not able to go in this one,” Heupel said Sept. 1. “We will re-evaluate when we get to next week.”
So that's what the coach said most recently. Swain, and Trey Wallace opined today. Swain said Mitchell didn't handle his business. Wallace said he'd be back this week, next week at the latest. LMAO! Why doesn't this board have one fizzleing insider & IF we do they won't share   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2022, 01:48:14 EDT »

"Juwan’s ability to be healthy enough to be able to play for us, we will find out here at the end of the week," Heupel said.

“(Mitchell) just was not able to go in this one,” Heupel said Sept. 1. “We will re-evaluate when we get to next week.”
So that's what the coach said most recently. Swain, and Trey Wallace opined today. Swain said Mitchell didn't handle his business. Wallace said he'd be back this week, next week at the latest. LMAO! Why doesn't this board have one fizzleing insider & IF we do they won't share   
Swain is correct
I'd also lay odds he doesn't play this week

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2022, 03:35:16 EDT »

Swain is correct
I'd also lay odds he doesn't play this week

Cool. I'm ready to suit up and go knock somebody's head off after this fiasco    
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:28:04 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: