VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 11:47:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I want  (Read 569 times)
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2022, 02:46:51 EDT »

I want the 90s back….  No, not this year, but this year is so important for recruiting.

We have a great opportunity to take that step in 13 day (12 and a wake-up)….  If we win that game, we “should” have a good shot at LSU on the road.  If we could somehow show that kind of improvement and demonstrate the atmosphere of a winning program and a packed Neyland stadium, we can get this back.

I hate pinning it so much on Florida, but we have to get that monkey off our backs and behind us.  You don’t get many program changing games as a coach.  9/23 is that game….
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 02:58:58 EDT »

At this point, 10-2 should be the goal. Maybe not the expectation, but the goal. It's doable. And of those two expected losses...well, did you SEE bammer yesterday? Dare I even dream of 11-1?

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 04:36:41 EDT »

I would take a loss to LSU if we beat UF, Bama, or UGA.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 12:59:25 EDT »

LSU is terrible - bad QB play. We all know what that does to a team first hand

Bama defense is excellent, but they don't have that go to receiver yet. They also took a step back in the run game. I think the offense will be little easier to defend, but Bama's defense keeps them in all their games

UK is better - tougher defense, but they're banged up on offense. That will be a game.

UGA I think is our only certain loss.

I think 9-3 to 10-2 is realistic

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 06:29:52 EDT »

At this point, 10-2 should be the goal. Maybe not the expectation, but the goal. It's doable. And of those two expected losses...well, did you SEE bammer yesterday? Dare I even dream of 11-1?

Completely agree on both points.  Absolutely should not be the expectation at this point in the season, but could happen.  I give it about an 8% chance.   

That's not a joke BTW.  I see us as having 3 more toss-ups, UK, UF, and LSU, for which we should flip a coin.  Odds of winning all three are thus 1 in 8 or 12.5%.  Drop a few percentage points to cover the odds of an upset vs. Vandy, Mizzou or Junior (in increasing likelihood of occurance), and that gives 8%.  Notice that I am not dignifying Akron or whoever the sacrificial HC opponent is with any chance of winning.  Okay, make it 7.99% 

Get through UF and LSU, and the odds increase to about 45% 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: