VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 10:57:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get up on UK 14-0 quickly and game is over  (Read 443 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2022, 04:07:04 EDT »

They really don't want to get in a shootout, but we can force them to. They are not as good as last year and do not have the weapons to do it.

UK best scenario- take the opening kickoff and go on an 8 min drive. Score. Then hope we go 3 and out.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 04:41:33 EDT »

They really don't want to get in a shootout, but we can force them to. They are not as good as last year and do not have the weapons to do it.

UK best scenario- take the opening kickoff and go on an 8 min drive. Score. Then hope we go 3 and out.

Yep.  We have started fast in every game this year except Pitt. I think we do it again.

They are 124th in team sacks, and pressuring Hooker is about the only way to stop us

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 05:43:13 EDT »

They have 3 very capable WR, good RB, adequate/good qb. Their offensive issues relate primarily to OL. They coulda, shoulda beat ol miss, and they have no depth at qb so there is the USCe loss. I wouldn't read too much into that loss as I have seen some vol fans doing. Also, how good is their D? Ol Miss & Miss State sure didn't run all over them. I'm optimistic, but a bit spooked too. Need a rowdy, rowdy crowd & I think we will certainly have that!  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 05:45:19 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 05:44:41 EDT »

One would think our DL will tee off. Hope so!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 04:15:13 EDT »

I look for them to use a lot of quick passes for ball control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: