VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 11:58:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabama ...discuss....  (Read 6778 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2013, 04:23:26 EST »

Was listening to one of the radio talk shows yesterday and next years MNC was brought up. They were asked how they thought the chances of the SEC making it 8 in a row. That morphed into Alabama winning it again. One commented that he did not see anybody beating Alabama next year. So, in your honest opinnion, do you see anybody other than Alabama winning the MNC next year?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:27:03 EST »

Bama should be better in 2013 than 2014. However, the SEC is the SEC. A team could sneak up on them. if not Bama, I could see aTm doing it.

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:00:26 EST »

I think it will be interesting.  After A & M went into tuscaloosa and upset bama, now bama has to go to college station.  Also, I have heard Ohio St. schedule is easy next year so look for them to be in a position to go to the National Championship game, although we all know how Big 10 stacks up to the SEC. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:26:24 EST »

Alabama will slip up once but still be in the BCSCG against Ohio State

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:32:33 EST »

At this point, the only question I care about is how long it is going to take us to improve ourselves to the point of being in a position to deny Alabama a shot at the national championship.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 05:41:29 EST »

At this point, the only question I care about is how long it is going to take us to improve ourselves to the point of being in a position to deny Alabama a shot at the national championship.

Word.  The hell with all this SEC love.  In fact, it pisses me off that the SEC is this good, and that we're NOT a part of it.  If someone had told me 15 years ago that the SEC would win 7 NCs in a row, and we wouldn't even have ONE of those, I would've been outraged.  And I wouldn't even have considered that we would be cellar-dwellars for most of that period.  I couldn't give two shizzles about bammer or aTm's chances next year- I just want to know what Tennessee has planned to improve OUR lot in life.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 05:59:38 EST »

Was listening to one of the radio talk shows yesterday and next years MNC was brought up. They were asked how they thought the chances of the SEC making it 8 in a row. That morphed into Alabama winning it again. One commented that he did not see anybody beating Alabama next year. So, in your honest opinnion, do you see anybody other than Alabama winning the MNC next year?

I think Oregon has a shot with its coach returning.  I think OSU can go undefeated again in a weak Big10.  I think aTm will be good again, though I don't think they go undefeated.  But I have a hart time thinking of any team that can beat them again.  But it is the SEC, so who knows.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 06:02:48 EST »

bammar sucks and will never win another game. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 06:48:14 EST »

I see no evidence that Bama will not continue their dominance.  Anything to the contrary is just wishful thinking. 
10EC
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 07:11:59 EST »

I think Oregon has a shot with its coach returning.  I think OSU can go undefeated again in a weak Big10.  I think aTm will be good again, though I don't think they go undefeated.  But I have a hart time thinking of any team that can beat them again.  But it is the SEC, so who knows.

WWFDT (Oregon)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 07:17:48 EST »

I see no evidence that Bama will not continue their dominance.  Anything to the contrary is just wishful thinking. 

Unfortunately, I agree.
101stDad
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:23 EST »

Unfortunately, I agree.

Yep. They seem to be doing everything correctly right now. 

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 07:47:16 EST »

Unfortunately, I agree.
All dynasties crumble...usually in some dramatic fashion....bammar will screw up...they will get some NCAA trouble, and the dynasty will come tumbling down.  bammar sucks and they will fall!   

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 08:13:42 EST »

Not to worry. The NCAA's going to drop the hammer on them any day now. Right BV?
101stDad
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 08:24:13 EST »

Word.  The hell with all this SEC love.  In fact, it pisses me off that the SEC is this good, and that we're NOT a part of it.  If someone had told me 15 years ago that the SEC would win 7 NCs in a row, and we wouldn't even have ONE of those, I would've been outraged.  And I wouldn't even have considered that we would be cellar-dwellars for most of that period.  I couldn't give two shizzles about bammer or aTm's chances next year- I just want to know what Tennessee has planned to improve OUR lot in life.

I'm right there with you, BDV.  I think you know me well enough to know that I am not an "SEC loyalist" type.  I want them all to lose, and lose big (unless they are playing Kliempsein, and then I pull for a meteor) every time out. 

The reality, however, is that Saban, as much as we despise him, and Bama are at the top of the college football world right now, and that there is no indication that they are going to be knocked from it any time soon.

Yes, it pisses me off that the powers that be at UT allowed the UT program to start a massive decline in about 2005.  I don't like our not being in the mix, either. 
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 10:15:16 EST »

I think the appropriate reply here should have been, "They still suxes!"

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 10:26:13 EST »

Bama will get knocked from their perch the minute they get caught cheating.  Which IMO, is just about any minute in the next few years.  I am 99.99% convinced it's happening, and happening massively.  Just a matter of when they get caught.

Additionally, I was on record as saying that Saban would not repeat this year.  Obviously he read my post and it inspired him.  So this year I am going to predict that bammer wins the MNC 1000-0 against the combined teams of LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Stanford, and the 1967 Green Bay Packers.  Furthermore, Nick Saban will be revealed as the second coming of Christ and raise Bear Bryant from the dead and allow him to be the DC after Kirby Smart accepts the job of President of the United States after Obama resigns.  Because clearly, if you can't be the head coach at bammer, then President of the US is the only other job you would leave for.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:24 EST »

Bama will get knocked from their perch the minute they get caught cheating.  Which IMO, is just about any minute in the next few years.  I am 99.99% convinced it's happening, and happening massively.  Just a matter of when they get caught.

Additionally, I was on record as saying that Saban would not repeat this year.  Obviously he read my post and it inspired him.  So this year I am going to predict that bammer wins the MNC 1000-0 against the combined teams of LSU, Texas A&M, Florida, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Stanford, and the 1967 Green Bay Packers.  Furthermore, Nick Saban will be revealed as the second coming of Christ and raise Bear Bryant from the dead and allow him to be the DC after Kirby Smart accepts the job of President of the United States after Obama resigns.  Because clearly, if you can't be the head coach at bammer, then President of the US is the only other job you would leave for.

I have a feeling Alabama will lose at College Station,Texas. A&M wont win the SEC West because They will slip up against somebody like LSU,Mississippi State or Ole Miss(will be tough in 2013)

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 10:34:06 EST »

I have a feeling Alabama will lose at College Station,Texas. A&M wont win the SEC West because They will slip up against somebody like LSU,Mississippi State or Ole Miss(will be tough in 2013)

No!  Can't happen.  Bammer will never lose another game, ever.  Because what happens in the past always repeats.  Besides, Saban is God himself.   We are just lucky he doesn't look at us funny and kill us.  I hide under my bed at night just just thinking about it. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 10:34:40 EST »

No!  Can't happen.  Bammer will never lose another game, ever.  Because what happens in the past always repeats.  Besides, Saban is God himself.   We are just lucky he doesn't look at us funny and kill us.  I hide under my bed at night just just thinking about it. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: