VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:43:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why this new transfer rule — if it's passed — is going to be an absolute nightma  (Read 664 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2022, 06:36:07 EDT »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/why-this-new-transfer-rule-if-passed-absolute-nightmare-2022/
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 06:59:00 EDT »

Agreed 100%

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 08:48:50 EDT »

Hire a team of headhunters for 24/7/365 recruiting.  Way too far, hope it dies, but it probably has a real chance to pass.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 11:52:27 EDT »

So in theory, if Hooker gets hurt this season, we could send Spyre to Tuscaloosa to make it rain on Bryce Young, and he could be starting for us the very next week?

Cool, cool. I don’t see what could possibly go wrong.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 04:51:25 EDT »

Transfer 1x, fine. Transfer 2x, explain yourself. Good chance teams/coaches shy away from malcontents, but who knows 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 04:59:42 EDT »

So in theory, if Hooker gets hurt this season, we could send Spyre to Tuscaloosa to make it rain on Bryce Young, and he could be starting for us the very next week?

Cool, cool. I don’t see what could possibly go wrong.

Idk what is going on with NIL right now, and I'd say nobody does other than being inside a program, but your Spyre scenario is most certainly illegal, or should be. It's one thing to tell a kid this is what we think you do with NIL vs. this is what we will pay you. Football & basketball have already been so corrupt & are so far from the original intent of "student/athlete" that I honestly think this is an improvement. The concept of student/athlete has been a farce for decades.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 01:57:02 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: