VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 12:13:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 4* QB Austin Kendall commits to the good guys...  (Read 3717 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:28:45 EDT »

Early Rivals rankings have him at #4 at his position, #60 overall.  So you really can't complain about landing a prospect of this caliber.  But still, I'm curious as to why Butch seems to be targeting pro style QBs to run his spread offense.   

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Kendall-153238

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:46 EDT »

Wide Receiver U

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:36:33 EDT »

As I said, I'm not complaining, just curious.

If he lives up to his billing this season, we're probably going to have to fight to hold on to him.  Most of the big schools don't offer QBs before their junior year.  So Butch was smart to get in on him early.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:58:26 EDT »

Solid prospect, but he is a 2016 prospect. We need a quarterback NOW. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 04:45:53 EDT »

Solid prospect, but he is a 2016 prospect. We need a quarterback NOW. 

You don't sound as though you believe that Worley or Dobbs will be reborn hard as a result of the QB camp they both attended.     I hope one of them steps up because I think our final record is going to depend greatly on QB play....our D is going to be very young and/or inexperienced and they will more than likely give up points and yardage regularly, we will need to score and with our new OL and very talented receiver corps I think our best chance for out scoring our opponents is going to be in the passing game. We will need a QB that makes the correct read VERY quickly and delivers the ball in stride to avert sacks and allow the receivers to gain lots of YAC yardage.     
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 04:51:20 EDT »

The good news for 2014 is it sounds like the newcomers at the skill spots (Hurd, Scott, Pearson, Malone, Wolf, Helm) are going to contribute right away. That will help Worley, who I think ends up the starter. If he plays no better than his games against UGA and SC last year then I think the guys around him are good enough to get us a 6th win and a bowl appearance. I highly doubt we can do better than that, though, unless Worley takes a big step forward. Reviews from practice are mixed so far.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 04:58:07 EDT »

The good news for 2014 is it sounds like the newcomers at the skill spots (Hurd, Scott, Pearson, Malone, Wolf, Helm) are going to contribute right away. That will help Worley, who I think ends up the starter. If he plays no better than his games against UGA and SC last year then I think the guys around him are good enough to get us a 6th win and a bowl appearance. I highly doubt we can do better than that, though, unless Worley takes a big step forward. Reviews from practice are mixed so far.
Agree

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 08:03:31 EDT »

If he plays "up" to what he did against the Cocks and Pups, then it will be about as good as we can expect, in my opinion.

The question, however, is can he play at that level with consistency? 

I'm just not sure that he can. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 08:27:21 EDT »

Early Rivals rankings have him at #4 at his position, #60 overall.  So you really can't complain about landing a prospect of this caliber.  But still, I'm curious as to why Butch seems to be targeting pro style QBs to run his spread offense.   

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Kendall-153238

he runs a system that requires a QB who can pass, but also be able to move. if you watch Kendall's film, you can see that he's a pretty good fit to that profile. BTW he is only a soph on this film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJxqcJUNBU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: