VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 07:28:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need two sets of vacation ideas.  (Read 4086 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:46:55 EDT »

These are vacations for just the wife and me. I have some things in mind but always like to get different ideas.

1. Idea(s) for beach vacations (stateside) only 3 or 4 day stay.

2. Idea(s) for vacation anywhere in the US 7 days plus.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:52 EDT »

How ambitious are you wanting to be, or how much travel?

It's a long trip, but San Diego is an awesome city.

On the East Coast, I hear a lot of good things about Hilton Head.  And it's not far from Charleston.  
Someplace I'd love to go someday is do the whole Vegas/ Grand Canyon thing. I should've done that when I was in San Diego.  Hopefully I'll go back someday.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:55:20 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:00:25 EDT »

All suggestions are good ones, from nearby sites to cross country.  Things like skiing or mountain climbing are out of the question though.  I love the mountains but I am too old to try those. At nearly 50 I don't bounce much anymore when I fall.   

We went to the grand canyon and the mesa verde 5 years ago. Was a nice trip.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 06:43:49 EDT »

If you want to include Charleston in your trip, rent a house or condo on Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Sullivan's Island, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms or Wild Dunes (on the Isle of Palms). Edisto Island is a nice small-town island that's a little bit below Kiawah and a little farther to Charleston.

If you want the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach, well, you can go to Myrtle Beach. Or stay just outside Myrtle at Surfside, Garden City, Litchfield, Ocean Drive Beach or Cherry Grove.  I prefer the quiet of the islands outside Charleston and go into Charleston for a day. But if you have kids, Myrtle is a year round tourist destination.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 07:47:40 EDT »

Northern California: Lake Tahoe, Mono Lake, Bodie Ghost Town, and Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Sequoya National Parks.  You could even fly into SF and spend some time there on your way in and out.  And speaking of In-N-Out, be sure to eat there.

Seriously, I've been all over the US, and that's the area I would pick to retire if money were no object.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:23:54 EDT »

These are vacations for just the wife and me. I have some things in mind but always like to get different ideas.

1 - If you like quieter beaches, no cars (bikes), and seashells, Sanibel Island, FL.
Destin is always nice

2 - Hawaii if you got the cash
Grand Canyon or Yellowstone is nice
Maine
Alaska
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:59 EDT »

If you like a great 3-4 day vacation you should check out the Islands south of Savannah, GA,  there are several right there and have some incredible places to stay plus great seafood as well as brunswick stew....yummmmmm

Ideas for Number 2 should include going out to Napa Valley for a couple of days then travel down the coast to SF and spend a couple of days and tehn on to Monterey Bay for a coupe more days.  I love Northern California area around SF

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:41:32 EDT by EmerilVOL » Logged

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:07 EDT »

Have you ever been to Rutledge?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:21:03 EDT »

LOL
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:24 EDT »

I agree with Droner (there's a first) The places near Charleston are great. Look into any of them. I'm
partial to Isle of Palms, but only because I've got a friend who lives there. Lots of historic things to see when you aren't on the beach or eating some great seafood.
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:47:35 EDT »

If you like a great 3-4 day vacation you should check out the Islands south of Savannah, GA,  there are several right there and have some incredible places to stay plus great seafood as well as brunswick stew....yummmmmm

Ideas for Number 2 should include going out to Napa Valley for a couple of days then travel down the coast to SF and spend a couple of days and tehn on to Monterey Bay for a coupe more days.  I love Northern California area around SF

If you do the Monterey thing, also be sure to visit the town of Carmel (beautiful mission) and 17 Mile Drive around the Pebble Beach area. If you decide to do the Georgia coast, come on down to St. Augustine and I'll give you a free tour!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: