VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:28:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report (Defense)  (Read 2304 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:50:00 EDT »

DL:  played essentially only Burnett and Lewis at DE.  Not sure I saw #50 in the game.  At DT Acey Ducey played well till Tuttle was taken out by a cheap shot.  The DL played the run a lot better in the 2nd half.  Pressure was ok, needs to be better and more consistent.  Improved from last week.

LB:  I thought that while their numbers were not great that R-M and Kirtland had good games.  #51 played better and Smith had a few good plays in limited action.  R-M got the obligatory dirty player screems from the MORONs do the puppy nation (when they weren't screaming incredible STUPIDITY about our reaction to Chubb's injury).  The reality is it was a good play #1 by the defense and an unfortunate injury.

DB:  I think TK will be the starter going forward.  Other than a missed tackle on the West boundary and the dropped pick he played very, very well.  Randolph improved after two bad (IMO) games.  Cam is still struggling a bit but that is a relative struggle.  I hope Martin is the opposite corner going forward.  We still struggle at nickel.  Very inconsistent.

Coaching:  Jancek was very aggressive all night.  We sent 6 several times.  Randolph was a LB a lot again in nickel and played a lot better,  key adjustment was playing Acey Ducey a lot more, forced UGA to change their run game, effective win for the defense.  Shown more decisiveness in making personnel decisions (TK and Martin come to mind).  Improved, lots to work on, especially in the secondary.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 03:57:00 EDT »

So not much Vereen?

And I guess Gaulden is out for the year?  By all accounts he was a pretty good nickel.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 05:31:50 EDT »

Hope Tuttle will be ok!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 06:11:32 EDT »

I was totally confused what to do on our last 4th and short. The 'Chart' says you have to punt right there but knowing our defense I would have had no issue if Butch had gone for it there. When the punt went out at the 1 foot line I still had this feeling in my stomach that 99 yards and 2 feet wasn't enough.

My gosh...I can't take much more of this!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 06:27:11 EDT »

I was totally confused what to do on our last 4th and short. The 'Chart' says you have to punt right there but knowing our defense I would have had no issue if Butch had gone for it there. When the punt went out at the 1 foot line I still had this feeling in my stomach that 99 yards and 2 feet wasn't enough.

My gosh...I can't take much more of this!
my mind was saying when the ran the offense out to get to the line and snap it quick as the pups would never expect that and with the backer in our left AGap just slant right and power.  In that situation Hurd is good for six inches

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:51:39 EDT »

my mind was saying when the ran the offense out to get to the line and snap it quick as the pups would never expect that and with the backer in our left AGap just slant right and power.  In that situation Hurd is good for six inches

Agree....Give to Hurd on a power and he runs over your azz.

Also....wish we would run some power down on the goal line with Dobbs under center. I know I'm old school but having the ball at the 1 and snapping it back to the 5....my country math tells me we have lost 4 yards at the snap of the ball. I'll never understand that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: