VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:22:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sherriron Jones transferring to Colorado*  (Read 2330 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:39:04 EST »

nt
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:19 EST »

After reading that subject line suddenly a John Denver song keeps playing over and over and over and over in my head.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 01:21:35 EST »

Unfortunate, but hardly a surprise.  He should do well there.  I can't imagine that he'll have much competiton for the starter's job.  I wish him luck.

But this should serve as a cautionary tale about the benefits of early entry.  Per all reports, Jones performed very well in practice, and was more physcially gifted than Dormady.  But Quentin had the advantage of the early start, he had a better grasp on the offense, he won the backup job, and he's now the presumed starter when Dobbs is gone.  Meanwhile, Jones is going to try to make his bones at what has become a football backwater.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 02:00:15 EST »

Not surprised.......Unlike most all other positions, only 1 QB can play at a time. With Dobbs back for another year....Dormady as the number 2 and Gitmo coming in something had to give.

Jones is getting closer to home.....and I wish him the best.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 04:06:22 EST »

Good for him. Hopefully he does well.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: