VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 11:59:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with "madness" in the men's tournament....  (Read 965 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2023, 01:50:12 EDT »

There is no one for me to really pull for and no one for me to really pull against. Sort of boring. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 01:56:34 EDT »

I guess I'm pulling for SDSU. They knocked Homicide U out, we owe them a solid.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 01:57:09 EDT »

I pick UConn to win it....But I wouldn't bet a solid dollar on it.  

I kind of like to see Miami win it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 01:59:32 EDT »

I pick UConn to win it....But I wouldn't bet a solid dollar on it.  

I kind of like to see Miami win it.

No one else is even on the same planet as UConn right now. Unless they forget how to play over the next week, they're winning it.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 03:15:00 EDT »

No one else is even on the same planet as UConn right now. Unless they forget how to play over the next week, they're winning it.

Agree...I thought they were the best team in it the first weekend. And they are very well coached.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 07:07:36 EDT »

Yes.

They appear to be hard to beat, but just about anything has happened in this tourney.

I am all for Miami and UConn not winning.

That leaves the team that beat us and SDSU

I guess...one of those. Pissed that we lost to FAU, but if we lost to the champs....and then like someone else said, the entire nation owes SDSU.  Thank goodness bammer is out!  And looks bad.  Because...they ARE bad.     Their win at all costs trash attitude exposed to the entire country.  Not  a bad thing in that sense.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 10:07:25 EDT »

How can you call UConn truly the best team when they ended up 4th in the Big East, which is crazy given their record of 29-8. That's the problem with all tournaments. Just wait until football expands to 12 teams. The 12th ranked team is not ever going to be the best team. They have already proven it during the season. Might even have 3 losses. But they have an opportunity win the NCAA title? I guess being one of the best regular season teams isn't enough anymore.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 12:07:37 EDT »

How can you call UConn truly the best team when they ended up 4th in the Big East, which is crazy given their record of 29-8. That's the problem with all tournaments. Just wait until football expands to 12 teams. The 12th ranked team is not ever going to be the best team. They have already proven it during the season. Might even have 3 losses. But they have an opportunity win the NCAA title? I guess being one of the best regular season teams isn't enough anymore.

Ok Champ, how do you propose that a champion is determined? It sounds like you are advocating fewer teams in a given tournament. Or, are you saying sports writers/coaches should just select the champion?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 12:45:22 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 05:49:33 EDT »

For the millionth time, that's how playoffs work. The year the NY Giants stopped New England from a perfect season, they were a 9 and 7 wildcard team.

That's just how it goes sometimes.

Also, no one is saying UConn is the best team, just the best team left.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 05:04:25 EDT »

For the millionth time, that's how playoffs work. The year the NY Giants stopped New England from a perfect season, they were a 9 and 7 wildcard team.

That's just how it goes sometimes.

Also, no one is saying UConn is the best team, just the best team left.
What if they lose.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 05:08:53 EDT »

What if they lose.

Ok fizzleface who do you think is best? That's the Champion, for you Champ.    
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2023, 05:17:27 EDT »

None of them were the best teams during the regular season, but because they win their games now they are all of a sudden the best. We know the expanded tournament and playoff fields are not all about creating more exciting competition but more for the money.  Who is the best is opinion.  I thought Houston was before their guy went down.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 05:40:27 EDT »

None of them were the best teams during the regular season, but because they win their games now they are all of a sudden the best. We know the expanded tournament and playoff fields are not all about creating more exciting competition but more for the money.  Who is the best is opinion.  I thought Houston was before their guy went down.
Your dumb act passed it's expiration date long ago lil boi
or is it not an act?????

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 11:51:47 EDT »

Your dumb act passed it's expiration date long ago lil boi
or is it not an act?????
Who asked you? I love you triggered bastards that just have to respond. You add nothing. Just ignore my posts if they trigger you snowflakes.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2023, 09:57:31 EDT »

What if they lose.

?

Then...they lose.  LOL.  Do you have a point.  At this point I honestly don't GAS who wins.  Actually don't like UConn, didn't like the old men's coach that was there and of course I despise their wimmen's coach.

They might lose.  So what? 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2023, 01:22:33 EDT »

Who asked you? I love you triggered bastards that just have to respond. You add nothing. Just ignore my posts if they trigger you snowflakes.
One of us has actually played the game
It is not the moron from the Dakotas
If you extracted your head you will note that I do IGNORE your IGNORANT ass but this bullshizzle was too much to keel silent on

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: