VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 08:44:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought a new truck.  (Read 1593 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:40:00 EST »

A brand new 92 S-10 4wd extended cab.    Seems like a decent truck. Body ain't beat up and it runs good. Paint is faded but will serve my needs just fine. AC works, cruise works, power windows work.

If I can get a few years out of it I will be very happy. Be lucky if I put 8 or 10k a year on it, I suspect.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:53:41 EST »

A brand new 92 S-10 4wd extended cab.    Seems like a decent truck. Body ain't beat up and it runs good. Paint is faded but will serve my needs just fine. AC works, cruise works, power windows work.
If I can get a few years out of it I will be very happy. Be lucky if I put 8 or 10k a year on it, I suspect.

There's always a need for a dang truck! It's only when you don't have one that you realize how often you need one. We've had a few S-10's and ran the wheels off of them. Sounds like somebody took good care of it. Probably one owner? Congrats!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:20:30 EST »

There's always a need for a dang truck! It's only when you don't have one that you realize how often you need one. We've had a few S-10's and ran the wheels off of them. Sounds like somebody took good care of it. Probably one owner? Congrats!

This is odd for me, but not a 1 owner and I don't know for sure how many miles (changed the instrument cluster). After pricing some small trucks like this for some time now basically I paid an extra $900 for the auto trans and 4wd, plus got the extended cab. The little junker trucks I call them had 200k or so on them too with 5 speed manual shifts, regular cab with cracked windshields and non working tailgates. People were asking $1,500 and $1,600 for those. Motor sounded good, trans shifted good, 4wd worked, body was straight and no rust in the usual places.....so I bought it.

Time will tell if I got my $2,450 worth or not. Think I did but we shall see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: