VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 12:27:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missed most of game going to wedding  (Read 839 times)
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2016, 04:15:10 EDT »

My niece's older daughter got married in Chattanooga Saturday so I had to go. Missed watching football yesterday, but listened on SXM radio on way. Did get to see first quarter and some of 2nd quarter of UT-UGA game at pizza/pasta/bar. Wedding was at 6:30 so all I got to see/hear was pieces of game as people were watching their smartphones. Ceremony ended in late 4th quarter with UT up 28-24. When UGA scored, all the people watching on smartphones were crestfallen. Most just walked away looking disappointed and downtrodden. The smartphone relay was time-delayed because those people were watching for the final play. Then the bar right next to the wedding just erupted with loud, crazy cheers even though doors were closed.  People started screaming something good has happened and ran back to the ones watching smartphones. Everyone watching phones just started screaming "OMG he caught it", jumping up and down, screaming, yelling and running around like mad-men (and women). From agony and downhearted to absolute joy in an instant.

It was a great reception in both cases.

This team is going to give me heart problems. My heart rate and blood pressure bottomed and topped out at the end of this game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: