VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 08:21:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B-Vols up 6 at half vs NC**  (Read 5522 times)
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:53:27 EST »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:41:18 EST »

Officiating in this one is a disgrace.  If we manage to win, we will have done so 5 on 8.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:44:25 EST »

Officiating in this one is a disgrace.  If we manage to win, we will have done so 5 on 8.

Got to help the Blue Bloods at all cost.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:09:51 EST »

Horseshizzle.  UNC has been allowed to foul with impunity down the stretch. 

Don't they have a big enough advantage in that their players don't have to go to class?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 11:14:22 EST »

Love this team of ours.  Well prepared and they play smart (most of the time).
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 11:16:03 EST »

The 2nd half play did us in...play the 2nd half the way we played the 1st half we win. Got to learn to come through in nut-cutten time in big games.
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 11:24:29 EST »

Sphincter ball.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 11:40:40 EST »

My thoughts:

1) they attacked the paint the entire 2nd half. They were determined to score going to the rim.
2) when they got an offensive rebound, they went back up with it and either scored or were fouled
3) our press offense against the trap press, with one minute left, looked to have no movement. We either weren't prepared for the trap press or the players went brain dead.
4) I thought Bone played a good first half. Second half he was MIA.
5) at the start of the season, if you tell me that this group is 7-2 at this point with losses only to Villanova and UNCheat, I'm taking it.
6) this team is fun to watch. They play hard. They battle.

Hopefully they'll keep getting better.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 11:57:50 EST »

Shot 46% the 1st half and 30% the 2nd half.....There's the difference.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 12:11:14 EST »

Yeah, I should probably have mentioned 2/16 to end the game. That's partly a result of increased D from the Heels 2nd half, but not totally imo.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 04:54:31 EST »

Yeah, I should probably have mentioned 2/16 to end the game. That's partly a result of increased Dn uncalled fouls from the Heels 2nd half, but not totally imo.

FIFY 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 05:19:20 EST »

Bandit

You know a sure way to spot the losers?

They are the ones complaining about the officiating.

Tennessee had the opportunity. We didn't make the plays or the shots necessary.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 03:38:46 EST »

Bandit

Then as a non-UT fan, I'll say it.  The officiating sucked in that game, and it was most certainly more one-sided against UT.  The no calls were specifically glaring, I thought.  You guys have a great team, though.  No reason, outside of major injuries, UT shouldn't be in the dance this year. And if they continue to improve, they should be in the SECCG come early March.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 04:36:55 EST »

Then as a non-UT fan, I'll say it.  The officiating sucked in that game, and it was most certainly more one-sided against UT.  The no calls were specifically glaring, I thought.  You guys have a great team, though.  No reason, outside of major injuries, UT shouldn't be in the dance this year. And if they continue to improve, they should be in the SECCG come early March.

There are always calls missed. There were some missed calls yesterday, quite possibly more on our end than on their end. My point is that we had more than enough opportunities to put that game away. Two different inbound plays at the end where we don't get any kind of look worth having, a huge turnover on the press, missed shots that could have been made, missed box outs on rebounds, etc.

Personally, I just do not like to blame officials after a loss. It reduces accountability and creates the appearance that the loss was on the officials and not the responsibility of our players. That in no way addresses the areas that need to improve in order to prevent future losses.

Just my opinion.

And btw, I hate UNC!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 05:18:42 EST »

Bandit

Jeff County Vol

I didn't even watch the game

I was taking BDV's word for it

Are you calling him a loser?      

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 05:19:12 EST »

When the game is on the line in any sport the players have to make plays......Just think back over the last few football seasons where we got beat by one possession where our players didn't make a play.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 05:21:55 EST »

When the game is on the line in any sport the players have to make plays......Just think back over the last few football seasons where we got beat by one possession where our players didn't make a play.

Yep.  When it comes down to one play either way, it's really a coin toss.  Like having two overs against a small pair in Texas Hold em, although in that case the small pair is actually a small favorite, but only by a couple percent.

It's one thing football fans fail to appreciate I think.  In 2004, we won several close one-score games, and in 2005 we lost them.  The only difference in those two seasons is that the coin came up "heads" a lot more in 2005.  That argument fell on deaf ears at the time.   

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 08:39:54 EST »

We were looking really good up till about 50 seconds left.  At that time we turned the ball over up by one after a great defensive stop, NC hits that 3, and then Schofield misses a shot that he probably should not have been taken.  And that was all she wrote.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 01:44:50 EST »

Jeff County Vol

I didn't even watch the game

I was taking BDV's word for it

Are you calling him a loser?      

Bandit,

I didn't intend to insinuate that BDV, you, or anyone else here was a loser - although after re-reading my original post I can certainly see how it appeared that I was. My apologies.

That's just a little something that I always told my players. I also used to tell them that when they played the perfect game, they could complain about the officials making mistakes.

I just don't believe in blaming officials for losses, especially ones that you should have put away.

*There are a few rare occasions, though.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 04:04:51 EST »

Bandit,

I didn't intend to insinuate that BDV, you, or anyone else here was a loser - although after re-reading my original post I can certainly see how it appeared that I was. My apologies.

That's just a little something that I always told my players. I also used to tell them that when they played the perfect game, they could complain about the officials making mistakes.

I just don't believe in blaming officials for losses, especially ones that you should have put away.

*There are a few rare occasions, though.

I get it.  Its just that everyone who saw the game thought we got screwed.  I agree that a good team can fight through unfair officiating, but UNC of all teams doesn't need the help. 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 04:38:53 EST »

That last minute was definitly  a killer. It just seemed like we didn't pressure them in the second half like we did in the first half. Don't know why?

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: