VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:38:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to move on from Milton.  (Read 1133 times)
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2023, 12:29:59 EDT »

That is all.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 12:30:33 EDT »

Maybe so, but let's discuss it after the game 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 12:52:56 EDT »

Maybe so, but let's discuss it after the game 
Why not now?  This is pathetic!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 12:54:25 EDT »

Why not now?  This is pathetic!

Because the game is still in play and Nico isn't coming into this game. 

I really don't understand wanting to discuss this DURING a game. All I care about is winning.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 02:00:47 EDT »

If you don't trust your quarterback, you don't have a quarterback.

If you play call AROUND your QB, you don't have a quarterback.  That's what we did today.

Nico could've had 100 yards passing.

No way we put Nico in NOW.  But man it's brutal to watch such a handcuffed offense.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 02:01:35 EDT »

If you play call AROUND your QB, you don't have a quarterback.  That's what we did today.

No way we put Nico in NOW.  But man it's brutal to watch such a handcuffed offense.

Yup

11B4PJ3F7
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 02:04:01 EDT »

Well, it was crystal clear that they didn't trust him to throw the ball. I don't get it. He looked pretty good against the tiglets. He didn't throw it that much but he was effective. But he seems to have regressed. I hate it for him but I don't think that the light is going to come on. The trouble is, you're right. We're not putting in the freshman now.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2023, 02:08:46 EDT »

I'm no expert, but my guess is defenses now KNOW we are scheming around our QB (a worse O line than we had in the Orange Bowl is a factor too).  They're taking away the deep shots and saying "we don't think you can pick us apart"
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2023, 02:10:51 EDT »

We should play Iamaleave if nothing else than to be better prepared for next year at this point.  I don?t think it could be any worse.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2023, 02:34:00 EDT »

Heupel was 0-6 when scoring under 30 points. Kudos to him overcoming GitmoMilton.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2023, 02:36:06 EDT »

GitmoMilton.

Man, that's cold. True, but cold.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2023, 03:04:52 EDT »

Kudos to him overcoming GitmoMilton.
😂🤣😂
Early in the game, when he ran out of bounds and did not go for the extra yard to get the first down, I wanted to throw something at the big screen. He ran much tougher for the most part from that point on, though.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2023, 03:43:09 EDT »

I love Joe, and also don't want Nico facing Bama in Tuscaloosa. However, UGA is the only other game I want Nico on the bench.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2023, 04:13:28 EDT »

😂🤣😂
Early in the game, when he ran out of bounds and did not go for the extra yard to get the first down, I wanted to throw something at the big screen. He ran much tougher for the most part from that point on, though.
I suspect he got told to lower his shoulder & push for more yards!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2023, 04:43:02 EDT »

Heupel was 0-6 when scoring under 30 points. Kudos to him overcoming GitmoMilton.

He was 0-9 at UT when trailing at halftime. Granted, most of those margins were larger than 3 points (all nine of our losses!) but still a good thing to break that streak.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2023, 06:50:14 EDT »

I don't think Heupel is the offensive guru most of you think he is. He did start Milton over Hooker last year. Plus, someone must have thought Nico was ready to pay him that NIL money. There have been plenty of freshman Qb's play well in college. Manzell, Hurts, Lawrence ,Lamar Jackson to name a few. What if Milton gets hurt?

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2023, 04:12:44 EDT »

I don't think Heupel is the offensive guru most of you think he is. He did start Milton over Hooker last year. Plus, someone must have thought Nico was ready to pay him that NIL money. There have been plenty of freshman Qb's play well in college. Manzell, Hurts, Lawrence ,Lamar Jackson to name a few. What if Milton gets hurt?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2023, 04:18:56 EDT »

What if you had a functioning brain?

BTW, that was TWO (2) years ago
HendoCinco started the first ELEVEN (11) games LAST year

Did you see Nico's play earlier this year?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2023, 04:30:33 EDT »

That is all.
Did you see Nico's play earlier this year?

He was NOT ready for prime time and starting him on the the road in Tuscaloser with a rabidly hostile crowd is NOT the place!
Remember Nathan Peterman in his 1st start in 2013 at the swamp?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2023, 01:25:23 EDT »

"Someone" who paid Nico was not the University of Tennesee but an unaffiliated NIL group who, you know, are not on the coaching staff.

As for starting Nico over Milton out the gate. Milton played well at the end of the season. Absolutely no one was calling for Nico, nor should they have.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2023, 01:31:44 EDT »

We should play Iamaleave if nothing else than to be better prepared for next year at this point.  I don?t think it could be any worse.

I don't understand this mentality because it makes it sound like you are giving up on this season to me.

We are 5-1, talking about preparing for next year raises an eyebrow for me.

We are still in the running for EVERYTHING.

We beat Tamu with Milton at QB, and bammer ain't much better than them IMO.

It is at their place and Heupel teams do seem to struggle on the road but I like or chances with anyone at QB.

Starting Nico in that environment with only 5 attempted passes under his belt would be a big mistake IMO.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2023, 02:12:28 EDT »

I don't understand this mentality because it makes it sound like you are giving up on this season to me.

We are 5-1, talking about preparing for next year raises an eyebrow for me.

We are still in the running for EVERYTHING.

We beat Tamu with Milton at QB, and bammer ain't much better than them IMO.

It is at their place and Heupel teams do seem to struggle on the road but I like or chances with anyone at QB.

Starting Nico in that environment with only 5 attempted passes under his belt would be a big mistake IMO.

I agree with all of this.

I'm going to invite Willie & Snoop to stop in, some of y'all need to hit the bong a few times and chill 

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2023, 02:14:41 EDT »

I agree with all of this.

I'm going to invite Willie & Snoop to stop in, some of y'all need to hit the bong a few times and chill 

Hit the bong? For real? 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2023, 02:18:51 EDT »

Nico ain't ready. Joe is so far from perfect, but he is still 5-1. I have my doubts the SEC will allow a Volunteer victory this Saturday, but I will take 9-3. We could NOT lose one of the last two, and we didn't. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2023, 02:36:44 EDT »

CJH, to me, has proven his coaching prowess.  He is 16-3 over the past two seasons. He has a clearly limited offense at 5-1 and currently still in the hunt for a possible SECE title. I would think that warrants him some credit.

Nobody on this message board knows the status of Nico, or Gaston for that matter, as it pertains to running this offense at this time. I'm going to trust our coaching staff. I am sure that their goal is to win.

I am not attempting to dispute the fact that I have been disappointed in the performances that Joe and the receivers have shown so far this season. Joe has not lived up to expectations so far and Tennessee does not have a Hyatt or a McCoy out there at this point. I do not, however, have any doubt in CJH's offensive coaching ability - his history proves that he knows offensive football - but I do think that he is very limited by the performance of skill players in the passing game.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: