VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 08:19:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You have to give Apple credit.......  (Read 5863 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:51:51 EDT »

They change a $650.00 product just enough to persuade people to buy a new one each year. Then they eliminate something users like and charge them an extra $159.00 to get something to replace the thing they like with something they don't like.

Excellent.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 04:58:25 EDT »

That will only last so long.

They are clearly adrift without Jobs.   Tim Cook suxes, which is no surprise considering he's a bammer.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:53:58 EDT »

Sorry... he is not a hammer, but an aubie... 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:49:04 EDT »

They change a $650.00 product just enough to persuade people to buy a new one each year. Then they eliminate something users like and charge them an extra $159.00 to get something to replace the thing they like with something they don't like.

Excellent.
I dropped apple products some time ago, other than an IPad I still use occasionally. Their products are too restrictive with cross functionality, too proprietary. All tech products are, but especially Apple imo. They are headed for a fall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 07:33:53 EDT »

I dropped apple products some time ago, other than an IPad I still use occasionally. Their products are too restrictive with cross functionality, too proprietary. All tech products are, but especially Apple imo. They are headed for a fall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I've been hearing that for a LONG time
BTW, they outperform the resource intensive android stuff
7 is really an interim phone.  The 8 will have the good stuff, 10th anniversary deal

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 09:07:59 EDT »

Apple will never get credit from me.  They are The Devil, right alongside Comcast. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 09:28:45 EDT »

They are tax evading low lifes. They put all their profits in overseas banks to the tune of owing the US government something like 57 billion in taxes. And we wonder why the country is broke. They are just one of many American companies that do this though.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 10:42:10 EDT »

Stunts like this one with the iPhone 7 make my blood boil. But at the end of the day, Apple makes my life a whole lot easier. And so I stick with them.

Signed, #AppleFanBoyForLife 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 02:46:23 EDT »

Sorry... he is not a hammer, but an aubie... 

well...he's from the state.  Close enough.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 02:51:05 EDT »

7 is really an interim phone.  The 8 will have the good stuff, 10th anniversary deal

well, actually, it came true...in spades...from about 93 to early last decade when Jobs came back.  Then no one in their right mind said anything of the sort for 6,7 years.  Then with the demise of Jobs, it came back, but now a few years later, what is the new direction?  Jobs did the Ipod, followed by the IPhone, both of which were revolutionary not so much for the technology but for how they were packaged and marketed (which was always the case with Jobs IMO...he knew how to make products people liked, and could market the shizzle out of them).

The IPad was not nearly as big of a step and came in Jobs last days.  What have they done since? The Iwatch (or whatever) was a huge flop.   Now all they do is, as pointed out above, slightly repackage the IPhone and get the fanboys to buy it.

Bottom line..you are hearing this now, because it's relevant.

Apple will not go away, they are too big.  But their innovation died with Jobs.  Cook has pretty much had zero new ideas.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 03:02:39 EDT »

This is an oldie, but it always makes me chuckle.

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 03:22:16 EDT »

In all seriousness, my loyalty to Apple is the operating systems. OS X is so far superior to Windows, in my book, that I'd never go back to PC. iOS isn't really that superior to Android, but it's good enough that the integration between all my Apple devices makes it well worth it.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 09:32:56 EDT »

That's the microsoft model of business. Thank goodness the business industry knows better than to change platforms every time microsoft does. Microsoft has been charging their beta testers (you and me) 100 dollars a pop for 30 years.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:02 EDT »

Pure Android is not resource intensive, The Nexus Phones and Tablets are as clean and unobtrusive as any Apple product.  The problem is with Samsung, Moto, HTC, etc. force feeding their proprietary systems to "enhance" Android.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 02:56:30 EDT »

Pure Android is not resource intensive, The Nexus Phones and Tablets are as clean and unobtrusive as any Apple product.  The problem is with Samsung, Moto, HTC, etc. force feeding their proprietary systems to "enhance" Android.

^^this^^
Apple can bite me. Apple is good for multimedia,  Windows is good for getting work done, and DROID makes the best phones.

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: