VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 12:32:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our least-favorite former RB is at it again  (Read 7002 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:15:18 EST »

Arian Foster says he accepted "40k-50k" from boosters during his playing days at UT.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/football/arian-foster-says-he-accepted-40-50-grand-during-time-at-ut_92941776

And, on his Facebook page, Ryan Karl calls him a bald-faced liar:

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.karl.395/posts/10155155282990434?pnref=story
So Arian Foster I gotta call you out here... You're my boy but you did not get $40-50k from boosters while at UT. Shoot you were as broke as me in college driving a crap car living in a crap apartment - like us all. Also, these claims of being wined and dined by agents is a big stretch too. You are a baller now but at the time, you were a risky pick with who ended up being a free agent. Quit trying to grab attention while throwing your school under the bus.

I know which one I tend to believe.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:41:01 EST »

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:51:40 EST »

The guy is just a loony tunes attention seeking whore.  He also said that nobody cares about him in the NFL, yet he is being paid millions of dollars for playing a damned game. 

Foster lives in a fantasy world. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:17:50 EST »

I thought he couldn't afford to eat while at UT.  Did he drop all that cash on tattoos?

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:33:40 EST »

I thought he couldn't afford to eat while at UT.  Did he drop all that cash on tattoos?

Expensive late night tacos. 

Wait a minute -  didn't he say that Trooper bought those for him? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:32:20 EST »

Maybe that former running back guy got hit one to many times on the 3 times he carried the ball, when He wasn't hurt, while at Tennessee and now He's suffering from a Traumatic Brain Injury and is talking out of his lower mouth!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 11:56:16 EST »

Maybe that former running back guy got hit one to many times on the 3 times he carried the ball, when He wasn't hurt, while at Tennessee and now He's suffering from a Traumatic Brain Injury and is talking out of his lower mouth!

Or maybe he's just an #badword#? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 05:40:31 EST »

Now he says he was kidding and it was nowhere near $50k. He's a prima Donna and a compulsive liar. He thinks he's fighting for a cause but he doesn't even know how to wage a responsible fight. He's willing to throw his former teammates, coaches and school under the bus with outright lies...the very school that gave him a free education that would've cost the rest of us far more than the 50k he claimed to have received, plus punched his ticket to the nfl and life as a millionaire. He is dead to this program. If he's ever brought back on campus and honored again as legend of the fame or any other formal recognition I will be furious.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 02:04:02 EST »

He's a prima Donna and a compulsive liar. He thinks he's fighting for a cause but he doesn't even know how to wage a responsible fight. He's willing to throw his former teammates, coaches and school under the bus with outright lies...the very school that gave him a free education that would've cost the rest of us far more than the 50k he claimed to have received, plus punched his ticket to the nfl and life as a millionaire. He is dead to this program. If he's ever brought back on campus and honored again as legend of the fame or any other formal recognition I will be furious.

+1
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 03:06:19 EST »

I finally have to agree with you guys....I thought he was a good guy because of some things he did while at UT, including spending time with our friend Ken in his last days.   But this is ridiculous.....he states it in an interview, then tweets it isn't true.  Good grief!  You are no longer a welcome VFL to me either......If it happened, then handle it the right way -- if not, quit being a liar!   You are making millions now...enough is enough.     So disappointed....... 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 05:33:43 EST »

Another bad consequence is people think it is still happening. One wrote on another board, "You'd think Butch Jones is the second coming of Tom Landry, Tennessee has recruits lined up all over the place. Doesn't make sense".

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 07:00:57 EST »

The good news is we are way past the statute of limitations the NCAA has for such things, so basically he can say whatever the heck he wants.

If the SOB had held on to the ball a bit more Fulmer might have held on a few more years, left on his terms, and we would not be in the hole we are in now.

Kinda makes you wonder why he fumbled so much, in way...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 03:02:07 EST »

The good news is we are way past the statute of limitations the NCAA has for such things, so basically he can say whatever the heck he wants.

If the SOB had held on to the ball a bit more Fulmer might have held on a few more years, left on his terms, and we would not be in the hole we are in now.

Kinda makes you wonder why he fumbled so much, in way...

Oh, we're out of the hole.  Finally.  Maybe the rest of the SEC doesn't realize it yet, but they're about to find out.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 05:03:10 EST »

A former teammate of his was in our business last night and He pretty much concurred with the other players in saying that that former running back that played at Tennessee is full of alabama runnings.
I'm loving it that the players are coming out in response to this little prima donna!

GO VOLS!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 10:09:31 EST »

Oh, we're out of the hole.  Finally.  Maybe the rest of the SEC doesn't realize it yet, but they're about to find out.

Yep 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:04 EST »

I can remember seeing posts on this board about how proud many here were of Foster for his humanity and also speaking in glowing terms of how nice his mom is and how proud she was of him. Wonder what mom is thinking now?
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 07:55:34 EST »

I can remember seeing posts on this board about how proud many here were of Foster for his humanity and also speaking in glowing terms of how nice his mom is and how proud she was of him. Wonder what mom is thinking now?

Yep, I was one of those people because while at UT he was very humble -- he visited one of our VTTWers while in the hospital during his last days, spent a lot of time with him, pictures, etc etc.   His Mom was very nice -- she attended several of our tailgates.

But this just totally disappoints me and makes me back off of that -- he definitely has changed his attitude! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: