VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 11:28:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FWIW Pearl is making a good run in the tournament. But no one ever said he  (Read 2888 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2015, 12:46:59 EDT »

couldn't coach. He would have had some more really good teams at UT if he didn't screw up.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 12:51:56 EDT »

Good for him.  Glad we've got who we've got, even if we lose today.      

I don't feel a dang thing when I see him on TV or hear him speak anymore, and I thought I would still.  Couldn't care less what he does, really.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:14:05 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:09:50 EDT »

Auburn had its struggles this year, but this tourney run should surprise no one. Pearl is one of the best coaches in the SEC, if not THE best. The only coach I would put ahead of him as far as Xs and Os go is Billy Donovan (and Pearl pretty well dominated Donovan during his UT stint).

Based on everything we saw this year, though, I think Tyndall can get himself into that conversation very soon, assuming he sheds himself of the NCAA dark cloud.

I'm still a huge Pearl fan. Rooted for Auburn in every game except one this season. Obviously I'll be pulling for them to beat UK tomorrow. But if UK wins, I guess I'm a Cats fan in the championship game. I don't want to see that punk Portis win a championship.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:54:44 EDT »

I think most like the coach we have, but would you have traded Pearl for him about 4 years ago. I don't think so. And Tyndal is no pillar of having clean programs either.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 06:27:15 EDT »

I loved Bruce when he was at UT...wish it had never happened....but Pearl caused his downfall at UT. He now coaches the enemy and I support CDT 110%.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:26 EDT »

Pearl lied and got caught. Tyndall may have broken rules elsewhere, but has not lied as far as we know. Bruce is responsible for his own troubles and UT should not have re-hired him.  I am happy Bruce landed on his feet and wish him no ill will. He is the past and Donnie is here now. All you people need to live in the Now and not in the Past.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:23:21 EDT »

Pearl lied and got caught. Tyndall may have broken rules elsewhere, but has not lied as far as we know. Bruce is responsible for his own troubles and UT should not have re-hired him.  I am happy Bruce landed on his feet and wish him no ill will. He is the past and Donnie is here now. All you people need to live in the Now and not in the Past.

Who are "all you people"? I see no one saying Pearl should still be here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: