VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 02:14:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 456 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2022, 04:11:29 EDT »

Michigan severely disrupted our offense by being VERY physical (with ZERO calls)
That being said, the way they defended open up the middle drives which we exploited
That opened up wing and corner threes that just didn't fall.  For the most part they seemed to rim out, not bad shot selection or form just bad luck IMO

We NEVER stopped their bigs

The personnel pattern in the 2nd half was puzzling
Uros played the best of our bigs with Aidoo the 2nd best.  I'm not sure Aidoo saw the court in the 2nd half and Uros played their big guy the best and wasn't on the court in crunch time.
I get that we ran the lineup we typically run but it wasn't working on the offensive end and hurting us, badly, on the defensive end.  That I  hold against the staff but in reality we got outplayed in general

My bet is we loose Kennedy, Vescovi and one of the 2 big FR.
OTOH, I think their may be some excellent talent become available due to coaching changes
If you want a dominate big man, go for Fardaws Aimaq, 6'11" Center out of Utah Valley who has entered the portal  (~19 points a game and ~13 Boards) and I think his skills will translate to the SEC
I've had him in on my college fantasy team for two years and he has been consistent as heck

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 07:04:27 EDT »

Funky gave us an offensive spark in the second half, but also got punked on D quite a bit.  Maybe we would have been better with more of Aidoo as you suggest.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 03:19:13 EDT »

Excellent points about inside productivity. You gotta have it to make a run because some nights shots won't fall.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: