VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 01:21:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yikes! Jones to Tenn?  (Read 7597 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 01:21:49 EST »

UCBearcats ‏@UCBearcats
Butch Jones to Tennessee. Mandatory players meeting tomorrow morning, Tennessee is Butch’s job to turn down #Bearcats

Have no idea if that is credible.  Was retweeted by J McClendon

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:24:50 EST »

I am going to the airport with kerosene, mattresses and heckling him. "Gruuudens better!" bam bam bam bam bam "Gruden's better"

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 01:26:54 EST »

Cincinnati has scheduled a team meeting for 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. No idea if UT has offered him; I've seen conflicting reports. But he turned down UK hoping to get a shot at UT and I believe he backed out of a done deal with Colorado because he saw the Strong situation heading south for UT. If so, it was a gamble, but it's likely to pay off for him.

Jones isn't the type of hire I was hoping for, but I'll say this: He isn't NEARLY as bad as a lot of UT fans are making him out to be.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:40 EST »

Supposedly Fortenberry tweeted no offer, no meeting as of now. Tifwiw.  What was a coaching search like prior to smart phones & message boards. My God! Entirely too much connectivity! Lol
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:38 EST »

Cincinnati has scheduled a team meeting for 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. No idea if UT has offered him; I've seen conflicting reports. But he turned down UK hoping to get a shot at UT and I believe he backed out of a done deal with Colorado because he saw the Strong situation heading south for UT. If so, it was a gamble, but it's likely to pay off for him.

Jones isn't the type of hire I was hoping for, but I'll say this: He isn't NEARLY as bad as a lot of UT fans are making him out to be.

UT fans understandably want to follow the saban, calipari model... It just isn't there to be had right now, unfortunately. I will say I won't be fooled again. I thought surely Dooley would succeed.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 01:33:20 EST »

Jaques follows up:

Jacques McClendon ‏@jmcc65
I will say this the guy has winning record coming in. Definitely a step in the right direction. Lol

I have to agree with that.  And he did it at two different schools.

Just did a quick check...I know they are Big East and all, but at least Cincy was 12th in the country in scoring D.   Now THAT would be a refreshing change.  I was afraid that Cincy was all offense based on our game against them, last season, but we did have both Hunter and Darick in that game. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 01:36:19 EST »

This does nothing for me.  Not investing any additional money towards UT atheltics if this guy is hired.  Hart & Cheek must go!!!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 02:02:42 EST »

I don't have a problem with this guy. Who knows? He's youngish, probably eager to work hard. If he's successful he'll probably stay awhile. If he's not, we'll all meet here again in three years. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 02:07:44 EST »

I don't have a problem with this guy. Who knows? He's youngish, probably eager to work hard. If he's successful he'll probably stay awhile. If he's not, we'll all meet here again in three years. 

GrudenWatch2015? 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 02:18:24 EST »

We'll be looking for a new AD then, too.  What an exciting time that will be.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 02:41:46 EST »

This.  Jones not nearly my top choice but agree

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 03:02:35 EST »

You heard it here first:
Dooley, part deux

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 03:06:06 EST »

You heard it here first:
Dooley, part deux

Better than Dooley. 

Not the top choice though

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 05:23:06 EST »

Jones will have about a 2 game honeymoon at UT.  What is Florida, game 3 next year? 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 05:28:00 EST »

Jones will have about a 2 game honeymoon at UT.  What is Florida, game 3 next year? 

He will get a couple seasons.  Thats all though.  IF its him.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 05:31:06 EST »

He will get a couple seasons.  Thats all though.  IF its him.

Unfortunately, TallVol is probably correct. That would be the case with anyone other than Gruden, Gundy or Strong.

The brilliant Vol fan base will start griping at the first sign of adversity. What they need to realize is that we're already at the bottom of the adversity pit. And the all the yapping hurts the program.
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 05:35:07 EST »

I don't get all the Dooley comparisons that are being made. Dooley didn't have an ounce of the success Jones has had when he came to UT.
BR549
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 10:41:46 EST »

Unfortunately, TallVol is probably correct. That would be the case with anyone other than Gruden, Gundy or Strong.

The brilliant Vol fan base will start griping at the first sign of adversity. What they need to realize is that we're already at the bottom of the adversity pit. And the all the yapping hurts the program.

That's right, let's Blame the Fanz.   I get so sick of that crap!!
The insanity was started by Hamilton and Cheek = and Hart just completed his firing.
The Golden Calf for UT is Football.  And they just put another nail in the coffin.
Home opener vs. Austin Peeee with be lucky to have 90K.
Buy up all the Season Tickets you want sheep...........they wil be cheap!!

"ask me no questions, i'll tell ya no lies"
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 11:52:25 EST »

I don't get all the Dooley comparisons that are being made. Dooley didn't have an ounce of the success Jones has had when he came to UT.
If you call taking Kelley's players and under performing with them success. 
Jones wil take the ONLY thing working on the hill, the offense, and screw that up.  We've had 4 years of losing, welcome to at least two more.
Enjoy

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 04:36:34 EST »

If you call taking Kelley's players and under performing with them success. 
Jones wil take the ONLY thing working on the hill, the offense, and screw that up.  We've had 4 years of losing, welcome to at least two more.
Enjoy

10-3 and 9-3 the last two seasons is under-performing?  Also won everywhere he was, with only one losing season.  Not a home run hire at all, but after checking his record, he's also not the second coming of Dooley.  Not at all.

2007   Central Michigan   8–6   6–1   1st (West)   L Motor City      
2008   Central Michigan   8–5   6–2   T–2nd (West)   L Motor City      
2009   Central Michigan   11–2   8–0   1st (West)   GMAC*      25
Central Michigan:   27–13   20–3   * Did not coach bowl game
Cincinnati Bearcats (Big East Conference) (2010–2012)
2010   Cincinnati   4–8   2–5   7th         
2011   Cincinnati   10–3   5–2   T–1st   W Liberty   21   25
2012   Cincinnati   9–3   5–2   T–1st   Belk*      

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 04:39:40 EST »

10-3 and 9-3 the last two seasons is under-performing?  Also won everywhere he was, with only one losing season.  Not a home run hire at all, but after checking his record, he's also not the second coming of Dooley.  Not at all.

And not with Kelly's players if Cincinnati sources and recruiting rankings are to be believed (in other threads).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: