VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 03:17:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hire Fulmer  (Read 4414 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 02:33:30 EST »

As the AD can't do any worse than this tool we have and he actually cares for the university

GO VOLS!   
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:37:25 EST »

Y'all kill me. Hart went all in on Strong...it isn't Hart.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:43:32 EST »

Strong had great reasons to turn its down also

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:55:01 EST »

Agreed, I may be wrong but I don't believe Hart is the problem. He can only do what he's allowed, and none of us no what the constraints are. There may still be other problems within this admin that's keeping this job from being as attractive as it should be. On the other hand, it could just be that coaches have good jobs where they are, get raises off of us, and it's not worth it to them to jump ship.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:47:38 EST »

Fulmer wasn't good at managing his own coaching staff.  How in the world is he going to be able to manage an entire athletic department? 

Fulmer's ship has long since sailed. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 03:52:33 EST »

Let's not give Hart a free pass just yet. At the very least, he completely bungled this thing by putting all his eggs in Charlie Strong's basket. For some reason he thought he could get Fisher, he didn't see the obvious writing on the wall with Gundy (and let Sexton abuse him the same way Sexton abused Hamilton), and so he dared to come into this week with only two legitimate candidates. When one of them was unimpressive in an interview, that left him with one legitimate candidate . . . and that candidate just happened to have an AD who was on record saying that he would not be outbid by anyone to keep his coach. Is someone like Butch Jones the best we were going to do, regardless? Maybe si, maybe no. But if you don't put yourself in this position, you have more time to identify candidates who you have a legitimate chance of getting. Dooley was fired 18 days ago, for pete's sake.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:55:46 EST »

Let's not give Hart a free pass just yet. At the very least, he completely bungled this thing by putting all his eggs in Charlie Strong's basket. For some reason he thought he could get Fisher, he didn't see the obvious writing on the wall with Gundy (and let Sexton abuse him the same way Sexton abused Hamilton), and so he dared to come into this week with only two legitimate candidates. When one of them was unimpressive in an interview, that left him with one legitimate candidate . . . and that candidate just happened to have an AD who was on record saying that he would not be outbid by anyone to keep his coach. Is someone like Butch Jones the best we were going to do, regardless? Maybe si, maybe no. But if you don't put yourself in this position, you have more time to identify candidates who you have a legitimate chance of getting. Dooley was fired 18 days ago, for pete's sake.

I won't disagree but this ridiculous "fire Hart" is irritating....and if we did that it only makes everything even more unstable.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 04:03:30 EST »

18 days yes, but let's face it- Hart has known there was a good chance he would be looking for a new coach since Dooley lost to Kentucky last season.  To apparently come into this totally unprepared after more than a year is inexcusable.  And since he didn't hire a search firm, the buck stops with Hart.  He won't survive this.  When "his" hire fails, Hart will be following him out the door.

Unless, of course, the Grumors are true, and this is all just a smokescreen.  In which case, Hart is a friggin' genius.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 04:23:31 EST »

Unless, of course, the Grumors are true, and this is all just a smokescreen.  In which case, Hart is a friggin' genius.
He definitely has gone all in....

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 04:23:52 EST »

18 days yes, but let's face it- Hart has known there was a good chance he would be looking for a new coach since Dooley lost to Kentucky last season.  To apparently come into this totally unprepared after more than a year is inexcusable.  And since he didn't hire a search firm, the buck stops with Hart.  He won't survive this.  When "his" hire fails, Hart will be following him out the door.

Meh. Patience young padwan.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 04:26:52 EST »

Fulmer wasn't good at managing his own coaching staff.  How in the world is he going to be able to manage an entire athletic department? 

Yeah.  I also heard he lost interest in the ad job right before hart was hired. But i could handle him as an associate ad.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:33 EST »

Yeah.  I also heard he lost interest in the ad job right before hart was hired. But i could handle him as an associate ad.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: