VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 09:24:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBS Sports said Tennessee's offer to CBJ was 6 years 18 million dollars  (Read 3287 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:27 EST »

I hope CBJ succeeds and shows that He was worth the money!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 04:44:13 EST »

I hope CBJ succeeds and shows that He was worth the money!

Are we just never gonna pay the $$ it takes to hire away the better coaches? I'd hate to think that we just kmart shop everytime we go looking for a coach.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:45:29 EST »

Are we just never gonna pay the $$ it takes to hire away the better coaches? I'd hate to think that we just kmart shop everytime we go looking for a coach.

He about went to Colorado for 2.7 Million a year

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:48:29 EST »

That amount of money is still in the top 20.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

He would be tied for 14 with Richt, Graham of ASU, and ... LOL! Lane Kiffin.  Slightly ahead of Bo Pellini.  I wouldn't call it bargain bin if he makes as much as Richt and Lamer.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:40 EST »

That gives us a million to supplement the salary for a top shelf DC. Let's make it happen.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:13 EST »

It seems like the Vols were at market for the two guys we know about (Strong and Jones).  We have no idea how much they would have been willing to pay (or what might have been offered) to others.  Heck, if some rumors are to be believed, they offfered over double the $3 million for Gruden.  I think they would have paid a lot more for a coach with a better overall background.  I just don't get the sense that money was the big issue in this search.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 04:59:36 EST »

It seems like the Vols were at market for the two guys we know about (Strong and Jones).  We have no idea how much they would have been willing to pay (or what might have been offered) to others.  Heck, if some rumors are to be believed, they offfered over double the $3 million for Gruden.  I think they would have paid a lot more for a coach with a better overall background.  I just don't get the sense that money was the big issue in this search.

I think CBJ dumped Colorado when Strong stayed at Louisville and Tennessee showed interest. UT is a much better job than Colorado

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:19 EST »

In business, you pay what the market is.  Reports are Strong will get $4M to stay at Louisville so UT likely offered at least that much.  They would have gone more than that to get Gruden if you believe fairy tales.  Right now, the ceiling is $5.5M for Saban. The problem was not money for the coach, the problem is finding a big name who wants to come here.  Is Gundy worth Saban money? No. Stoops already makes about the same as Saban so he is not worth more than Saban either.

Money is not the problem and paying is not a problem.  You pay market value and that is what the market is.  UT has zero bargaining power now. You cannot make people come here.  How hard is that to understand?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 05:06:49 EST »

Money is not the problem and paying is not a problem.  You pay market value and that is what the market is.  UT has zero bargaining power now. You cannot make people come here.  How hard is that to understand?

Not hard at all, preacher!  Amen!  If you want me to donate, a little less fire and brimstone please.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: