VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 02:57:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The past couple months certainly have been...  (Read 1759 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:31:32 EST »

...quite a wild ride for Tennessee football and this board.    Just so you know, I fully expect this kind of participation and enthusiasm for posting to continue, even when Coach Jones and the Vols start winning big and we all get complacent again.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 05:34:06 EST »

I think this coaching search again proves why VTTW is the best UT forum on the internet and you and Revolver get credit for making it that way. I was able to come here and see others' thoughts on the search and post my own without having to wade through all the drivel that was present on the other forums. (And I'll readily admit to being addicted to VN during a good portion of GrudenMania, though it was purely for entertainment purposes only. There are a lot of longtime posters over there with significant egg on their faces this morning.)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 05:36:55 EST »

Unlike Creek I couldn't take the other boards. The place is where I go for sanity. It's a relative term. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:37:56 EST »

I think this coaching search again proves why VTTW is the best UT forum on the internet and you and Revolver get credit for making it that way. I was able to come here and see others' thoughts on the search and post my own without having to wade through all the drivel that was present on the other forums. (And I'll readily admit to being addicted to VN during a good portion of GrudenMania, though it was purely for entertainment purposes only. There are a lot of longtime posters over there with significant egg on their faces this morning.)

Yes, higher volume sites can be fun, but it's impossible to even keep up with replies to your own posts.  And the general tone at VN is much less friendly and often dumber, which one would expect with thousands of posts per day.

And yeah...significant egg on their faces, indeed. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: