VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 09:00:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley: Da'Rick Rogers is not suspended  (Read 13133 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:36:17 EST »

and in good standing with the team.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 06:19:18 EST »

What a weird situation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:41:14 EST »

Sigh.. Wth?

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 07:53:37 EST »

I am afraid that Rogers is another Kelly Washington.   I just hope Dooley nips this it is all about me crap in the bud.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:03:33 EST »

I am afraid that Rogers is another Kelly Washington.   I just hope Dooley nips this it is all about me crap in the bud.

I will just offer that I have only ever followed one NFL team, the Titans.  I have seen them flip it back and forth wirh minor tweaks here & there.  Call me crazy, but I don't think UT is that far from having a nice team. That said, I cannot explain the abysmal performance in Lex. Rogers lost his "straight" man when they lost Hunter (using an analogy from comedy).  I think we will be much better next year with folks able to step in when injury occurs.  Sometimes it is darkest before dawn.    There are some very fine ball players on this team that didn't come to UT to go to the Music City Bowl.  We'll be better with one more year of stability with or without Dooley, Rogers, Bray, etc. Peace. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 12:06:36 EST »

I will just offer that I have only ever followed one NFL team, the Titans.  I have seen them flip it back and forth wirh minor tweaks here & there.  Call me crazy, but I don't think UT is that far from having a nice team. That said, I cannot explain the abysmal performance in Lex. Rogers lost his "straight" man when they lost Hunter (using an analogy from comedy).  I think we will be much better next year with folks able to step in when injury occurs.  Sometimes it is darkest before dawn.    There are some very fine ball players on this team that didn't come to UT to go to the Music City Bowl.  We'll be better with one more year of stability with or without Dooley, Rogers, Bray, etc. Peace. 

I have no doubt our passing offense will rock, but we are going to need a running game.  From what I have seen, Neal should be the starter and Lane the backup, period, dot.  Staff should also PRACTICE the running game for a change.     Just MUO (My Uninformed Opinion), but near the end of the season it occured to me, based on play-calling percentage, that the bulk of practice plays must be going to pass plays.  And what you practice, you do well.  That is, assuming we practice what we call in the game, which I assume is about the same.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 12:10:05 EST »

Responding to part of this, I never did get the fuss over Kelly Washington.  Thought it was completely overblown.  Let me just say this is one I agree with some earlier comments on.

I thought KW was a pompous ass, but I don't think he "ruined the locker room".  At the time, there was no discussion of that I recall.  I do recall that he was very close to Clausen and that Clausen was also a bit of a showboat. 

I think with Washington, some fans just didn't like his "antics" or his attitude.  And I think it started and ended there.  Just MO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 12:15:17 EST »

As for Da'Rick, there is plenty to be concerned about from where I sit.  He did a couple stupid things coming in...("bone to bone" and getting arrested  ).

Also, watching him on the Vol Walk, he had kind of a cocky air about him.  His tweets also seem very cocky, and I don't like that.  Jason Swain implied that he was actually glad Bagget was gone and posing about it, and I don't like that either.

So does everyone buy that he and/or Bray are the problem at UK or whatever?  I don't.  That was a TEAM effort IMO.  Whether they acted weak in practice that week, that's an issue for the staff.

Going forward, we should all be concerned if players are getting preferential treatment and the staff is not responding to it.  I don't think any of us really "know" that to be the case, do we? 

If the staff is blowing it by not cracking down on them, then it will become apparent next year, and Dooley will lose his job.  Other than that, I am not going to waste any more brain cells worrying about it.

It was the coaching staff's responsibility to make sure the players were ready for UK and they blew it.  Dooley already has a tendency to throw players under the bus.  HE is the one getting paid the big bucks.  HE is the one who needs to fix the problems.  I wish him luck.   

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 12:21:23 EST »

As for Da'Rick, there is plenty to be concerned about from where I sit.  He did a couple stupid things coming in...("bone to bone" and getting arrested  ).

Also, watching him on the Vol Walk, he had kind of a cocky air about him.  His tweets also seem very cocky, and I don't like that.  Jason Swain implied that he was actually glad Bagget was gone and posing about it, and I don't like that either.

So does everyone buy that he and/or Bray are the problem at UK or whatever?  I don't.  That was a TEAM effort IMO.  Whether they acted weak in practice that week, that's an issue for the staff.

Going forward, we should all be concerned if players are getting preferential treatment and the staff is not responding to it.  I don't think any of us really "know" that to be the case, do we? 

If the staff is blowing it by not cracking down on them, then it will become apparent next year, and Dooley will lose his job.  Other than that, I am not going to waste any more brain cells worrying about it.

It was the coaching staff's responsibility to make sure the players were ready for UK and they blew it.  Dooley already has a tendency to throw players under the bus.  HE is the one getting paid the big bucks.  HE is the one who needs to fix the problems.  I wish him luck.   

Great post................................I agree 100%.

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 12:24:19 EST »

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/dec/03/rogers-in-ut-doghouse-but-not-suspended/?sportscollege

There is more or LESS to this story than we will ever know, but there is too much smoke for it to be nothing.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:27:07 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 01:25:39 EST »

There is more or LESS to this story than we will ever know, but there is too much smoke for it to be nothing.

Agree. 

Getting back to the UK game...I think it's squarely on the coaches.  I have noticed something about Dooley.  He seems to relax early at critical times and it seems the team follows his lead (which of course they would).

What I mean is...I recall against Oregon last year we were doing so well, but we let up on their last drive of the half and they tied it.  Then the second half was a rout.  I can point to other times that season, but let's focus on the bowl game.  UNC scored at the end of the half, AND at the end of the game!   Do I need to mention the LSU fiasco?

I don't know what it is, but we seem to relax at the wrong time.  I personally think this is what happened vs. UK.  Dooley had the big win against Vandy (lol!...sad to say that, but it's true), players tossing him in the air, etc.  So apparently...just MO...he assumes UK is in the bag, mails it in, and we lose.

Just MO...100% MO....but he just seems to lose focus at the wrong time. I hope that if I am right, he learns from his mistakes.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 01:26:45 EST »

Bone to bone wasn't Da'Rick. It was Markeith Ambles.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 01:28:38 EST »

I read the article.  Not much substance there.

If Da'Rick had an attitude problem it is being addressed.  Whether it works or not will become apparent in time.

I wish nothing but the best for Da'Rick, the staff, and this team. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 01:30:11 EST »

Responding to part of this, I never did get the fuss over Kelly Washington.  Thought it was completely overblown.  Let me just say this is one I agree with some earlier comments on.

I thought KW was a pompous ass, but I don't think he "ruined the locker room".  At the time, there was no discussion of that I recall.  I do recall that he was very close to Clausen and that Clausen was also a bit of a showboat. 

I think with Washington, some fans just didn't like his "antics" or his attitude.  And I think it started and ended there.  Just MO.

Cannot disagree more. Kelley Washington baited a more immature Donte Stallworth into declaring for the NFL draft by trying to wager him on who would be drafted higher because he couldn't "not" be the man, then proceeded to destroy the team in 2002 from within when he wasn't getting the ball. While most people say Phil's slide started with the 2001 SECCG, a few people I know who would know say that it started with his babying of Kelley Washington in 2002.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 02:03:44 EST »

Cannot disagree more. Kelley Washington baited a more immature Donte Stallworth into declaring for the NFL draft by trying to wager him on who would be drafted higher because he couldn't "not" be the man, then proceeded to destroy the team in 2002 from within when he wasn't getting the ball. While most people say Phil's slide started with the 2001 SECCG, a few people I know who would know say that it started with his babying of Kelley Washington in 2002.

Yup, he was a cancer.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 02:34:50 EST »

Rogers is cocky? Well hell, throw him off the team.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 03:11:48 EST »

Bone to bone wasn't Da'Rick. It was Markeith Ambles.

Oh okay.  I am not impressed with his tweets nowadays regardless.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 03:14:25 EST »

One thing I was thinking as I typed, was that I did not like him baiting Donte Stallworth in the spring of 2002.  I well remember that.

But I stick by my opinion.  I think he annoyed a certain part of our fanbase for sure.  That was clear from the various comments.

Did he destroy the locker room?  Who knows, I was not there and neither was anyone who posts on this board.  My perception is that the people not liking him were the one's with the problem.  Period, dot.

But of course, ICBW.  If he was a problem in the locker room, shame on him.  That was a long time ago.  I never really got the dislike of him by the fanbase though.  He didn't phase me a bit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:23:48 EST by BanditVol » Logged

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 03:31:10 EST »

Gotta say I follow no one on twitter, but I'm not going to get too up or down over what a 20 year-old says. Also, KW may have been a cancer (I don't know), but he saved our bacon in 2001 when Stallworth was injured.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 01:03:16 EST »

Get your facts straight the "bone to bone" was from Markeith Ambles.  Come on man get with it......

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 04:17:44 EST »

Get your facts straight the "bone to bone" was from Markeith Ambles.  Come on man get with it......

Revolveer already pointed that out thanks.  Read the post.  Come on man get with it.....

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 09:30:12 EST »

Revolveer already pointed that out thanks.  Read the post.  Come on man get with it.....

I was reinforcing ReVOLvers post with my own man....if you get one post pointing that out then you might post it again some other time....but two and you remember it....learned this at a seminar recently on better performing meetings and retention of data.....repeat the data twice for maximum retention......

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:58 EST »

I was reinforcing ReVOLvers post with my own man....if you get one post pointing that out then you might post it again some other time....but two and you remember it....learned this at a seminar recently on better performing meetings and retention of data.....repeat the data twice for maximum retention......

Speaking of, we need to talk about your TPS reports.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: