VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 03:35:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm going to repeat a question Revolver asked several weeks ago...  (Read 12901 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 07:29:04 EST »

I agree with Emeril on one thing...we had a brutal schedule this year.  It's easy to lose sight of that.  We had a brutal schedule, AND we lost our starting QB and best WR (a likely no. 1 draft choice) for a good chunk of the season, all while we were desperately trying to improve from an absymal few years and three coaching changes in as many years.

Yes, I know we are all tired of the above seemingly being used as an excuse, but I think the main thing about this season is that the UK game just left a bad taste in everyone's mouth and made us even more pessimistic about the future.

I think we can look at it this way...maybe the UK game was a wake up call.  Had we somehow eked out a win and gone to a second tier bowl game, there would not have been the discontent, maybe just a few mutterings like we had most of the season.

But with the compete breakdown vs. a truly bad UK team playing with a guy who had not played QB since high school (for Chrisakes!), there is no way to disguise that we have some deep problems. 

Dooley can now have no doubt in his mind that he has a serious challenge on his hands.  Had we squeaked one out vs. UK, maybe it would have been more of the same ole, same ole.   

I don't think there is any doubt he now realizes the gravity of the situation.  We can only hope he is up to the challenge, because it is going to be a challenge!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 09:06:20 EST »

When the team laid down and lost to ky Dooley lost any patience the fans had left. If he wins that game we all feel better but we still lose the same coaches.

It seems in the opinion of most fans that Dooley lost the team this year. can he get them back? Was that just their immaturity or his that caused it? I know this year that we don't have to win them all but we should be able to compete better and win a game or two we shouldn't plus ALL of those we should. If not he is probably out the door after 2012.

Agree mostly, but personally i think they should have spent the money it will take to get a proven coach instead of bargain shopping with Dooley................and with big money they could've hired anyone they wanted.

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:16 EST »

But with the compete breakdown vs. a truly bad UK team playing with a guy who had not played QB since high school (for Chrisakes!), there is no way to disguise that we have some deep problems. 

Dooley can now have no doubt in his mind that he has a serious challenge on his hands.  Had we squeaked one out vs. UK, maybe it would have been more of the same ole, same ole.   

I don't think there is any doubt he now realizes the gravity of the situation.  We can only hope he is up to the challenge, because it is going to be a challenge!

Why would it take a loss to UK to realize the gravity of the situation???  No run game, a shizzlety scheme on offense, very poor game day game planning...............this is just like a QB that has the intangibles to be really good.................................Dooley doesn't have those intangibles, which is very evident by our lack of improvement throughout the year...............period dot!

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:35 EST »

We easily had enough talent to win 6-7 games this year, but we were outcoached bad in 7 losses!!!!! Even outcoached by UK 

So I'd say replace them all............................look at what Michigan done with a first year coach that demanded excellence, and was determined to win, and did not whine about having not very good players!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:21:22 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 09:32:21 EST »

We easily had enough talent to win 6-7 games this year, but we were outcoached bad in 7 losses!!!!! Even outcoached by UK 

So I'd say replace them all............................look at what Michigan done with a first year coach that demanded excellence, and was determined to win, and did not whine about having not very good players!

Although I'm not as enamored with Dooley as I once was, comparing Michigan State's situation with ours isn't fair, imho.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:31 EST »

Although I'm not as enamored with Dooley as I once was, comparing Michigan State's situation with ours isn't fair, imho.

Yes, I know the situation is different, just using it as far as judging what type and attitude of coach we need.

Go Big Orange.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: