VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 08:53:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: calling Derrick Henry to UT*  (Read 12701 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:25:11 EDT »

Nm
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:20:56 EDT »

Isn't he announcing today?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:31:18 EDT »

Isn't he announcing today?

Now tomorrow.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:34 EDT »

Bama

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:58 EDT »

Bama.

BUT, Derrick Green to UT

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:48:01 EDT »

Bama.

BUT, Derrick Green to UT

Hope so

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:40 EDT »

Hope so

Believe it 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 05:01:46 EDT »

Tennessee

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1349951-why-5-star-rb-derrick-henry-should-pick-tennessee-over-alabama

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 06:03:18 EDT »

He should pick UT if he wants to play RB. But he will pick Bama

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 06:48:05 EDT »

He should pick UT if he wants to play RB. But he will pick Bama

Well you follow recruiting much closer than I do.  Nevertheless, the article is saying he would be better off at UT, and I definitely agree. 

You out there Derrick?  Come to UT baby!   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 08:56:43 EDT »

Dude.  Bleacher Report?  Seriously?

I stopped reading BR before the Oregon game 2 years ago.  Some OU columnist picked them to beat us by some crazy margin like 70-3.  I posted in the comments, "I'll take UT and 67 points for $1000.  Put your money where your mouth is".  And he replied, "LOL.  You really think UT is going to win by 67?"

(Dammit if they didn't almost cover his ridiculous spread anyway, but that's beside the point.)

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 01:57:07 EDT »

Now I think it's Bama too.  I was seeing sand hearing some things yesterday that led me to make that prediction, but those have changed.  Getting Green would be awesome, though!
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:07 EDT »

At 6'3" and 243 lbs with good speed he will be a tough one to bring down. Kinda reminds me of Brandon Jacobs. Would love to have a power back like this kid or Green as well. Both over 6 feet tall with good leverage and speed. Getting either one of these kids to verbally commit will have a major impact on reruiting other high profile players at every postion. So, come on down to Rocky Top either one of you or both of you, there is room for both of you here!!!!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 03:21:47 EDT »

Dude.  Bleacher Report?  Seriously?

I stopped reading BR before the Oregon game 2 years ago.  Some OU columnist picked them to beat us by some crazy margin like 70-3.  I posted in the comments, "I'll take UT and 67 points for $1000.  Put your money where your mouth is".  And he replied, "LOL.  You really think UT is going to win by 67?"

(Dammit if they didn't almost cover his ridiculous spread anyway, but that's beside the point.)

Did you read it?  He didn't say that Henry IS coming to Tennessee, only that he SHOULD.  I happen to agree.     And not just for my own team, but for his own interest.

My understanding is that people in his home town like to talk and they are saying bama.

My post is not a prediction but a comment.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:49:15 EDT »

Did you read it?  He didn't say that Henry IS coming to Tennessee, only that he SHOULD.  I happen to agree.     And not just for my own team, but for his own interest.

My understanding is that people in his home town like to talk and they are saying bama.

No, as a matter of fact I didn't read it.  Whenever I see bleacherreport.com in the URL, I know it's going to be a homeriffic piece and skip it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 03:50:12 EDT »

Apparently   Saban has told him that being "the man" at TN will wear on his body, whereas he can be "the guy" at Bama in two years then be primed and his body be in good condition to take the NFL on.  Hard to argue with that logic, a RB only has so many years on his knees and whatnot.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 03:50:27 EDT »

No, as a matter of fact I didn't read it.  Whenever I see bleacherreport.com in the URL, I know it's going to be a homeriffic piece and skip it.

Well, I am definitely a homer, so...

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 07:01:17 EDT »

Look for Green to come to UT, along with another RB. Could be Turman or Williams.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 07:07:16 EDT »

Apparently   Saban has told him that being "the man" at TN will wear on his body, whereas he can be "the guy" at Bama in two years then be primed and his body be in good condition to take the NFL on.  Hard to argue with that logic, a RB only has so many years on his knees and whatnot.

He'll be in real good condition when Bama inevitably goes through another round of NCAA sanctions and having no bowl games to wear on his body. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:42 EDT »

He picked Bama. No surprised, he's been Bama all along.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 09:25:09 EDT »

Believe it 

Do we know when Green is announcing?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 09:28:18 EDT »

I hear he's taking his Mich official in Oct and will announce after that.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:13 EDT »

I hear he's taking his Mich official in Oct and will announce after that.

If he is waiting to announce until after we lose to UGa, MSU, and Alabama, he ain't coming to UT either.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 10:36:26 EDT »

I think he's a EE, so probably late October.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 11:12:51 EDT »

Until we get an OC that will feature a RB we won't get a "big star" guy. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: