VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 11:54:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: calling Derrick Henry to UT*  (Read 12703 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 11:53:33 EDT »

Until we get an OC that will feature a RB we won't get a "big star" guy. 

Thus the paradox, OC can't feature a back when we don't have a feature back.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 03:19:48 EDT »

At least Rajion seems to get better as the season goes along.  He may just mature into a decent feature back.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 03:26:04 EDT »

Apparently   Saban has told him that being "the man" at TN will wear on his body, whereas he can be "the guy" at Bama in two years then be primed and his body be in good condition to take the NFL on.  Hard to argue with that logic, a RB only has so many years on his knees and whatnot.

Yes, I see the logic of that.  I mean, they only have played 8 RBs this year (yes EIGHT, look it up) and they have a true frosh who got about the same number of carries as Lacy.  Yeah, I guess he can wait a couple years.

But still, I see why he would want to go to bammer.  I mean, with Saban's personality, who wouldn't want to play for that guy?  He's like a kindly old uncle!

Then there's the garden spot that is Tuscaloosa Alabama.  What better place to go to school and eat barbecue and uh, do other things. .  I mean, someone told me it was the closest thing to So Beach outside the state of Florida!

My oh my, SO many good reasons for a recruit to go to bammer.  That nice Mr. Saban down there sure can recruit, I tell ya what!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 05:04:28 EDT »

At least Rajion seems to get better as the season goes along.  He may just mature into a decent feature back.

Neal has rushed for 356 yards, 408 total yards and 4 TDs this year. He is on pace to have a pretty good year. I think CDD should feature a two headed Neal-Lane attack more. Lane has been underutilized this year so far.
Oh and get the damn ball to CP.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 05:14:12 EDT »

Neal has rushed for 356 yards, 408 total yards and 4 TDs this year. He is on pace to have a pretty good year. I think CDD should feature a two headed Neal-Lane attack more. Lane has been underutilized this year so far.
Oh and get the damn ball to CP.

Agree with most.  Have not been that impressed with Lane but he he has been good in spots.

I would slightly modify to "need to get Lane more consistent".   Also, Lane seems to do really well catching the ball out of the backfield...I wonder if it's a good idea to throw to an RB in a two-back set.  Might be  a good play on 2nd and short.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 05:44:50 EDT »

More details on bammer recruiting

They already have two top running backs committed, specifically Altee Tenpenny (Rivals #4 RB) and Tyren Jones (Rivals no. 13).  This in spite of playing 8 RBs so far this year and having a true frosh with about the same number of carries as Lacy.  But Henry wanna go there anyway?

Wow Saban is like Jesus.  He walks on water and performs miracles.  But bammer fans already knew that.   

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 06:25:44 EDT »

More details on bammer recruiting

They already have two top running backs committed, specifically Altee Tenpenny (Rivals #4 RB) and Tyren Jones (Rivals no. 13).  This in spite of playing 8 RBs so far this year and having a true frosh with about the same number of carries as Lacy.  But Henry wanna go there anyway?

Wow Saban is like Jesus.  He walks on water and performs miracles.  But bammer fans already knew that.   

For all the sarcasm in this post, and the previous one, Bama's won 2 national titles in the last three years, are currently ranked #1, have the best coach in AMerican, had four players drafted in the first round of the NFL draft this spring, and feature a bonecrushing running game that has had a Heisman winner and a Heisman finalist in the last three years. Gee I wonder why a RB would want to go to Bama?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 06:34:15 EDT »

For all the sarcasm in this post, and the previous one, Bama's won 2 national titles in the last three years, are currently ranked #1, have the best coach in AMerican, had four players drafted in the first round of the NFL draft this spring, and feature a bonecrushing running game that has had a Heisman winner and a Heisman finalist in the last three years. Gee I wonder why a RB would want to go to Bama?

More on this later.  For now, we play uga.  But trust me, it's coming.   

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 06:56:04 EDT »

Derrick Henry chose Alabama. He had three hats and picked the Alabama cap

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: