VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 04:16:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is worried about George Lucas selling out to Disney?  (Read 13117 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2012, 05:44:27 EDT »

The hell with that! More star wars movies in 2015! Epic!

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 06:12:19 EDT »

Think so?

Now, I think you are one of the most educated posters here, but I can't do the Star Wars backward movies. Loved the first one, but don't get my imagination running backwards! Dunno, might be my age. And I'll agree that I'm not the most forward thinking guy either, but I try. Run the story backwards and I'm off the boat! Now, my son Chris loved that stuff but I never got on board.

I do think it will be a good collaboration, though.

G
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:18:23 EDT by GreggO » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 06:19:39 EDT »

Think so?

Now, I think you are one of the most educated posters here, but I can't do the Star Wars backward movies. Loved the first one, but don't get my imagination running backwards! Dunno, might be my age. And I'll agree that I'm not the most forward thinking guy either, but I try. Run the story backwards and I'm off the boat! Now, my son Chris loved that stuff but I never got on board.

I do think it will be a good collaboration, though.

G

Backward? It would be episode 7, 8, and 9, and explore what happens to Luke, Leia, and han. Not sure what it has to do with being educated? 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:22:44 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:44 EDT »

When I first heard that, I groaned.  But then I read that Lucas isn't going to be involved, so maybe they'll be pretty good.  Maybe a reboot of the franchise is in order.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 01:37:08 EDT »

I agree.  Awesome move.  Should be epic, indeed.  Disney knows how to make good movies.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 02:02:03 EDT »

But then I read that Lucas isn't going to be involved, so maybe they'll be pretty good.  Maybe a reboot of the franchise is in order.

Ding ding! I heard this morning that he may be a "consultant" but as long as he doesn't have creative control that's fine with me. The SW universe and characters are big enough for three more movies but they need to be done well . . . and we all know at this point that it wouldn't go well with Lucas.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 02:03:10 EDT »

Ding ding! I heard this morning that he may be a "consultant" but as long as he doesn't have creative control that's fine with me. The SW universe and characters are big enough for three more movies but they need to be done well . . . and we all know at this point that it wouldn't go well with Lucas.

As long as they bring back JarJar Binks, I'm good with it.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:33 EDT »

There hasn't been a good one since Return of the Jedi. I don't care about special effects, long fight scenes or Jar Jar. The ewoks were tolerable, but side characters. It's about the story. Thank you. That is all.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 02:22:44 EDT »

When I first heard that, I groaned.  But then I read that Lucas isn't going to be involved, so maybe they'll be pretty good.  Maybe a reboot of the franchise is in order.

I read they won't reboot, but make episodes 7-9, and maybe more.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:53 EDT »

There hasn't been a good one since Return of the Jedi.

I made myself enjoy the prequels in the theater because they were Star Wars movies and I had been excited for so long about them. But I haven't rewatched any of them since I saw them in the theater and haven't bought DVDs or Blu-Rays. Considering how easy it is for me to nerd-out on things like this, that is really telling.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 02:33:28 EDT »

I made myself enjoy the prequels in the theater because they were Star Wars movies and I had been excited for so long about them. But I haven't rewatched any of them since I saw them in the theater and haven't bought DVDs or Blu-Rays. Considering how easy it is for me to nerd-out on things like this, that is really telling.

I thought episode 3 was good.

10EC
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:29 EDT »

Would be cool if movie 7 has the same actors playing Luke, Leia and Han since they are all still alive.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 02:47:21 EDT »

I thought episode 3 was good.

It was better than the Eps. 1 and 2, but fell far short of the original trilogy IMO.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 02:47:58 EDT »

Would be cool if movie 7 has the same actors playing Luke, Leia and Han since they are all still alive.

I doubt that happens!

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 02:48:40 EDT »

It was better than the Eps. 1 and 2, but fell far short of the original trilogy IMO.

It fell short of 4 and 5, but I didn't think Return of the Jedi was better. MHO.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 03:05:37 EDT »

I didn't care for Episode 1, the Phantom Menace, but liked 2 and 3 better.  2 had some drama and in 3, I finally got to see the volcano fight scene mentioned way back in the original Star Wars book I bought in the fifth grade in 1977.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 03:14:04 EDT »

I didn't care for Episode 1, the Phantom Menace, but liked 2 and 3 better.  2 had some drama and in 3, I finally got to see the volcano fight scene mentioned way back in the original Star Wars book I bought in the fifth grade in 1977.   

The kid they got to play Anakin in Phantom Menace was a terrible actor. I know he was a kid, but come on, they couldn't do better than that? Of course Hayden Christiansen in 2 and 3 wasn't much better. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 03:22:51 EDT »

The kid they got to play Anakin in Phantom Menace was a terrible actor. I know he was a kid, but come on, they couldn't do better than that? Of course Hayden Christiansen in 2 and 3 wasn't much better. 

In fairness . . . Mark Hamill was awful in Eps. 4-6 as well, if you rewatch them now.

Return of the Jedi was my least favorite of the three but I still think it was a lot better than any of the prequels, Ewoks or no Ewoks.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 03:44:33 EDT »

In fairness . . . Mark Hamill was awful in Eps. 4-6 as well, if you rewatch them now.

Return of the Jedi was my least favorite of the three but I still think it was a lot better than any of the prequels, Ewoks or no Ewoks.

Hamill was bad, yes. I think part of it is that we saw those movies as kids and have fond memories of them. Rewatching them now you do see some of the bad acting. I recently rewatched Goonies again, it wasn't the same!
10EC
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 03:55:48 EDT »

I doubt that happens!

Why?  It wold be a great handoff for the re-building of the next generation of Jedi....
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 04:06:24 EDT »

Why?  It wold be a great handoff for the re-building of the next generation of Jedi....

have you seen what Hamill, Ford, and Carrie Fisher look like these days? They're too old for a role in Episode 7 which would, in terms of storyline, pretty much be right after episode 6. They'll need to get young actors.

10EC
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 04:42:40 EDT »

have you seen what Hamill, Ford, and Carrie Fisher look like these days? They're too old for a role in Episode 7 which would, in terms of storyline, pretty much be right after episode 6. They'll need to get young actors.
I guess I disagree.  If you assume Episode 7 is about a new group of Jedi, then Luke's and Leia would have children in their 20s?  Sounds reasonable for their age.

I hope they do that.  Casting anyone else as Luke, Leia or Han would be a travesty imo.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 05:15:33 EDT »

I took it is being great news.  Lucas will still be in an advisory role, but Disney will control it more or less.  Apparrently they share some rights to Eps 4-6 with Fox.  I thought Eps 1-3 were OK in that they told the part of the story that had been missing for so long, but 'nut is right - they are not all that re-watchable.  The best thing about Eps 1-3 and the Clone wars TV show is that they do get into a lot of backstory about characters from Eps 4-6.  However, they have never done any back story on Han - I guess that is by design.  After they do Eps 7-9, they could create a whole 'nother set of movies just on Han's back story - that would be cool.  I would love to see eps 4-6 redone as well sometime down the road.  They are indeed classics, but they could be improved upon, IMO.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 05:25:25 EDT »

I guess I disagree.  If you assume Episode 7 is about a new group of Jedi, then Luke's and Leia would have children in their 20s?  Sounds reasonable for their age.

I hope they do that.  Casting anyone else as Luke, Leia or Han would be a travesty imo.

You'd have to have episode 7 begin about 30 years after episode 6 ends. Doesn't make sense.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:00 EDT »

You'd have to have episode 7 begin about 30 years after episode 6 ends. Doesn't make sense.

I remember about 15 yrs ago someone had an outline of Eps 1-3 and 7-9 online somewhere.  They came out on the net right about the same time they started re-releasing Eps 4-6 at the theater leading up to the release of Eps 1-3.  The plot outlines for 1-3 were fairly accurate, but the plot outlines for 7-9 were more vague.  They had to do with Luke and Leia mostly and I recall some mention of a clone of Luke made through his severed hand and, of course, the clone being an 'evil' Luke.  I also remember some plot about yet another superweapon/deathstar in development which sounded kind of lame. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: