VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 04:09:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is worried about George Lucas selling out to Disney?  (Read 13120 times)
10EC
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:20 EDT »

You'd have to have episode 7 begin about 30 years after episode 6 ends. Doesn't make sense.

What the time difference between Luke/Leia as a baby born in Ep 3 and Where they pick up in Ep 4.  I think you could do something similar.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:34 EDT »

The kid they got to play Anakin in Phantom Menace was a terrible actor. I know he was a kid, but come on, they couldn't do better than that? Of course Hayden Christiansen in 2 and 3 wasn't much better. 

Yeah, Episode 1 was too "kiddie" and in the next two Hayden was overly dramatic and the love scenes with Padme were laughably bad.  But at least the last two movies had drama and action, which is what I loved about the series to begin with.

While the original trilogy and particularly the first film are considered epics, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that Lucas was going for a classic "pulp fiction space opera" that was serious while also being fun. 

I think the original trilogy looks much better by comparison because (a) it was so new and different at the time, and (b) the special effects were so far beyond what anyone had seen to that point.

Also, you have to factor in that stuff looks better when you're younger, as many have noted above.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 07:10:49 EDT »

What the time difference between Luke/Leia as a baby born in Ep 3 and Where they pick up in Ep 4.  I think you could do something similar.

It's about 18 years between 3 and 4 (which is why Alec Guiness as Ben Kenobe doesn't work well, Ewan mcGregor really aged!! LOL), and about 10 years between 4 and 5. However, the story of 7 is supposed to be taking place almost immediately after 6, and focused on Luke starting up Jedi academy again, Leia's marriage to Han, them having a kid (Anakin Solo), etc. I guess you could change it, but they're not going to cast Hammil, Fisher, and Ford, I guarantee you. They'll cast new people, probably in their mid-twenties to early thirties.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 10:20:49 EDT »

As long as they bring back JarJar Binks, I'm good with it.

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:43 EDT »

I'm in favor of Disney continuing the series, but I hope they don't make it too kiddie-friendly (ewoks, jar-jar, etc).  They could hit a home run if they maintain the dark edge, and take time to develop the story (as they did in the originals) instead of racing through the story as they did with the prequels.

I'm ok with skipping over Han, Leia and Luke, as long as the next movie explains their fate.  Perhaps have them in cameos as the grandparents of the new generation of rebels/Jedi.

Casting will obviously be important.  You want a cast that will act well and stick together for another 3 movies.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:01 EDT »

But will the "new" Han shoot first?

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 02:43:54 EDT »

noise about this trivial stuff than they do about government issues. Or so it seems? Hope more people vote Nov 6 than they do for the Bachelor or American Idol. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

volsboyinsodak
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 05:38:55 EDT »

Sorry, Nut; bout to throw this phone!

Maybe a bad choice of words, meant I think you are a sharp poster here -  love your posts. Meant as respect. Didn't ever get the episodes backwards earlier and gave up. Near 60 here, so I'll ask for a break.

G
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 01:47:51 EDT »

noise about this trivial stuff than they do about government issues. Or so it seems? Hope more people vote Nov 6 than they do for the Bachelor or American Idol. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Ordinarily I would agree with you re: Bachelor or Idol, but people need an escape and a distraction. That's why entertainment (TV/movies/music/sports) is such a big industry. You spend 24/7/365 thinking about the serious issues in your life and I don't think it's such a bad thing to spend a few minutes watching or discussing mindless fun things.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 01:59:02 EDT »

This country is going to hell because we're discussing a movie?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 04:07:36 EDT »

While we're on the subject, here's a Netflix recommendation:  "The People vs. George Lucas".  Hilarious doc detailing Star Wars fanboys' love/hate relationship with GL.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 04:40:19 EDT »

This country is going to hell because we're discussing a movie?

No don't be ridiculous...it is because we give people that watch and discuss movies the right to vote.  I'd prefer the "Honey boo Hoo" contingent vote on the 7th.  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:51:14 EDT by VoLynteer » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 04:51:46 EDT »

No don't be ridiculous...it is because we give people that watch and discuss movies the right to vote.  I'd prefer the "Honey boo Hoo" contingent vote on the 7th.  

what? Are you drunk? 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 04:56:15 EDT »

what? Are you drunk? 

Not yet 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: