VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 02:53:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does CBJ really think that we are that stupid?  (Read 12771 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:23:26 EST »

Just own it. Winning the East was a major goal. If it's not, he needs to be gone.

Why not just be honest? It ain't that difficult.

He looks like an idiot when he makes statements like this. Just tell the damned truth. When he does crap like that he treats the fan base like we are too stupid to see through his BS.

And I've got news for him. He's not smarter than we are.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 03:05:05 EST »

And he also said that it's been a while since UT won 8 games in the regular season. 

Guess he forgot about last year.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 03:09:18 EST »

Yep...heard him say what the OP posted.

He also led off the interview with Bob by saying we just had the biggest fan attendance since 2008. He knows attendance figures but can't figure out how to keep KY and Mizzou from gaining close to 1,400 yards combined.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 03:19:54 EST »

He's a master of the coachspeak. At least he's got that going for him.   
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 04:18:46 EST »

He's a master of the coachspeak. At least he's got that going for him.   

I understand coachspeak. I understand sometimes using it.

What I find offensive is the dishonest answers. We are simply supposed to accept these as truth because Butch spoke it?  I'm not that stupid.

He would most likely would still tell us that going for the one to go up 27-14 against UF was the right decision.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 04:29:23 EST »

I understand coachspeak. I understand sometimes using it.

What I find offensive is the dishonest answers. We are simply supposed to accept these as truth because Butch spoke it?  I'm not that stupid.

He would most likely would still tell us that going for the one to go up 27-14 against UF was the right decision.

Im not disagreeing at all. His shtick is worn out on me.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 04:35:28 EST »

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 04:39:22 EST »

Im not disagreeing at all. His shtick is worn out on me.

I've seen more posts on several boards about this than I've seen posts about LSU losing and us not having a chance to go to Atlanta.

He's lost a lot of support.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 03:40:35 EST »

Just own it. Winning the East was a major goal. If it's not, he needs to be gone.

Why not just be honest? It ain't that difficult.

He looks like an idiot when he makes statements like this. Just tell the damned truth. When he does crap like that he treats the fan base like we are too stupid to see through his BS.

And I've got news for him. He's not smarter than we are.

It would help if you actually posted what he said in the OP 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 03:45:43 EST »

It would help if you actually posted what he said in the OP 
The first line is a distillation of his post game statement
It was pure, unadulterated BS and against ALL his previous statments about playing for championships, etc
Butch lost a large chunk of his supporters not owning up to the failure to win the East

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 03:53:53 EST »

It was pure, unadulterated BS and against ALL his previous statments about playing for championships, etc
Butch lost a large chunk of his supporters not owning up to the failure to win the East

How is "just own it. Winning the East was a major goal." a distillation of anything?  No worries, I'll do my own research.

And definitely form my own opinion.  I'm usually one of those people that's easy to sway, right?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 04:06:14 EST »

How is "just own it. Winning the East was a major goal." a distillation of anything?  No worries, I'll do my own research.

And definitely form my own opinion.  I'm usually one of those people that's easy to sway, right?   
he totally flipped his previous statements.  Yeah, to an extent it is coach speak but in the end, by reversing his previous statements he lost a lot of support.
If he is not here to win Championships then just go so we can get someone in who is, and not just mouth the words when the going is good.
Those fans that were on the fence are no longer perched there.
Excuses are for losers

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2016, 04:17:15 EST »

Well for the record, their are plenty of butt hurt fans today, but as for the statement above that message board opinion is turning against Butch, I don't see it.

This particular post got 43 likes on VN.  And that has not always been the case until this season.

I'm so sick of the Nega Vols on this board
I'd say about half the posts are people trashing Butch Jones and our coaches, but mostly Butch. Yeah, ****ty coach, I much more liked the guy before him who butchered our program! 🙄

Why don't some of you idiots look at the improvement in our program over the past 4 years and realize we're headed in the right direction. Hell, even Saban didn't win a title until he'd been a head coach for 10 years. In fact, he didn't have a 10 win season until his 8th year.

We were all pretty damn miserable 5 years ago and we're much, much better today. Who is responsible for that? Butch Jones is! Give the guy some slack! He's doing one helluva lot better than Charlie Strong is. Would you rather have had him????

Damn guys...just chill!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 04:25:06 EST »

@ OP.  The answer is "no, he doesn't think you are that stupid."  Here's why.  It seems the flap started when Rhiannon Potkey tweeted that Jones "never discussed winning the SEC East".  That was highly misleading.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/what-butch-jones-said-after-tennessee-wallops-missouri

What he actually was responding to is, did he discuss how the LSU Florida game would affect our chances of winning the SEC East with the team?  And the answer is no.  And he should not have.  We don't control the stupid shizzle LSU did yesterday, just what we do against Mizzou.  And here's hoping we focus on Vandy also.  I do. not. want.  To lose. To those little shizzles.

* Jones on the Florida-LSU game: “We never addressed it one single time.”  Jones said “you never heard me talk about” the SEC East

Context, baby. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 04:26:08 EST »

Post game press conference.

Two questions. First question (paraphrased): "Was the other game going on today a distraction?".  Answer (paraphrased) 'No. Our goal is to be 1-0 every week '. I actually like this response.

Second question (paraphrased): 'After it was clear that the goal of winning the East wasn't possible, did it affect the team?'. Answer: (paraphrased) 'You never heard me say it was a goal. You never heard the players say it was a goal.'

He lies about things that don't matter.  I suppose he expects us to buy in to the lies, because he says it.  That's stupid.

Admit that you came up short. Vote to work harder and be resilient going forward. Don't say that it wasn't a goal.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:31:33 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 04:27:27 EST »

@ OP.  The answer is "no, he doesn't think you are that stupid."  Here's why.  It seems the flap started when Rhiannon Potkey tweeted that Jones "never discussed winning the SEC East".  That was highly misleading.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/what-butch-jones-said-after-tennessee-wallops-missouri

What he actually was responding to is, did he discuss how the LSU Florida game would affect our chances of winning the SEC East with the team?  And the answer is no.  And he should not have.  We don't control the stupid shizzle LSU did yesterday, just what we do against Mizzou.  And here's hoping we focus on Vandy also.  I do. not. want.  To lose. To those little shizzles.

* Jones on the Florida-LSU game: “We never addressed it one single time.”  Jones said “you never heard me talk about” the SEC East

Context, baby.  

22 minute mark of the press conference. Follow-up question.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:29:51 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 04:39:19 EST »

Post game press conference.

Two questions. First question (paraphrased): "Was the other game going on today a distraction?".  Answer (paraphrased) 'No. Our goal is to be 1-0 every week '. I actually like this response.

Second question (paraphrased): 'After it was clear that the goal of winning the East wasn't possible, did it affect the team?'. Answer: (paraphrased) 'You never heard me say it was a goal. You never heard the players say it was a goal.'

He lies about things that don't matter.  I suppose he expects us to buy in to the lies, because he says it.  That's stupid.

Admit that you came up short. Vote to work harder and be resilient going forward. Don't say that it wasn't a goal.

Still not clear that it he is talking about ever, in the entire season. And I can't tell exactly what he said with you paraphrasing it.  It does seem very likely that he is saying in the context of yesterday's game. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 04:48:17 EST »

22 minute mark of the press conference. Follow-up question.

Uh.  Still not seeing it.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/268093-cant-real-butch-jones-quote.html

(On how he reacted to seeing the Florida-LSU score)
"Didn't handle it any way. The only thing that matters is being 1-0 this week and controlling what we can control, and that's winning the football game. We never addressed it one single time, and I think when you look at it, our character was displayed once again with our players. But again, everything is about our team and working to be 1-0, and that's all that matters."

(On if the win tonight was bittersweet with the way other games played out)
"You never heard me talk about it. Never heard the players talk about it. Our goal is to be 1-0 every week, and what happens happens. Again, I'm not going to sit in here and complain. We just won eight games, and that hasn't been done here in a long time. We have an opportunity to win nine. Obviously we have strong expectations for this football program, but right now, I'm going to talk about the win and talk about our seniors and how far our football has come.

Actually seems like a very reasonable answer to me.  He is saying,it seems to me, that they didn't talk about being disappointed in the way it played out.  Only losers who want to be miserable roll around in stuff like that.

And for those carping about the eight win comment, it's very clear that he meant 8 wins...at this point in the season. Otherwise it's highly likely that he would not mention 9 wins is possible.   

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 04:59:52 EST »

If he isn't talking about winning the east, he should be.

I watched the video and to me it came across as BS.

If others disagree, I'm OK with that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2016, 05:10:06 EST »

If he isn't talking about winning the east, he should be.

I watched the video and to me it came across as BS.

If others disagree, I'm OK with that.

He has. Just not during the game yesterday, which is highly appropriate I think. 

Rhiannon Potkey apparently stirred the pot with a really misleading tweet.  Reporters..what are you gonna do with them?   

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2016, 05:15:58 EST »

Pirate gets it.
Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 06:23:45 EST »

More measurements of Butch Jones' success by VolNation post likes?

Tennessee failed to win the worst-ever SEC East and a statistical argument can be made that this is one of the worst defenses in school history. Very people are calling for Jones to be fired this year because of that but when you start making stupid excuses, people are going to call you on it. It goes back to the press conference junk a couple of weeks ago: Butch Jones is unnecessarily and foolishly making his job harder than it has to be.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 07:05:01 EST »

He has. Just not during the game yesterday, which is highly appropriate I think. 

Rhiannon Potkey apparently stirred the pot with a really misleading tweet.  Reporters..what are you gonna do with them?   

My post was made after I listened to the press conference, not ion response to any reporters tweets.  I saw tweets from Fortenberry's and others which prompted me to watch the press conference for myself.

I my view, his answer was BS.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2016, 07:11:13 EST »

. . . . . . . . . . with everyone.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2016, 07:23:26 EST »

More measurements of Butch Jones' success by VolNation post likes? :laugh

Yes because VN has mostly been unremittingly negative about Butch. That has changed recently.

But mostly, if not entirely, I posted that because a certain other poster said elsewhere on this board that "message board opinoon is turning against Butch" due to his post conference comments. That is demonstrably untrue. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: