VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 06:50:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiffin to rebuild FAU "brick by brick"  (Read 12828 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:27:47 EST »

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/lane-kiffin-tennessee-problem

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 09:34:29 EST »

If you are going to build using bricks, you need to know how to mix and prepare mortar and how a trowel works. Any brick wall Lane builds is likely to fall in a stiff breeze. Just saying.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 09:49:53 EST »

What a douche.
Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 02:35:11 EST »

Does it count as Head Football Coach if the job is at FAU?

I'm coaching the flag football team for our oldest boy.  I hadn't considered calling myself HEAD football coach.

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 02:37:36 EST »

Too lazy to post a link but Kiffin is off to a flying start with his first recruit, DeAndre something, getting the kid that was thrown out of Florida State for punching out a girl at the bar.  What could possibly go wrong?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 02:57:29 EST »

Too lazy to post a link but Kiffin is off to a flying start with his first recruit, DeAndre something, getting the kid that was thrown out of Florida State for punching out a girl at the bar.  What could possibly go wrong?

Lane also just offered #25 in this video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uOFQkkwqpEE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/uOFQkkwqpEE</a>

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 03:16:50 EST »

Did you watch the ref fantasy league video?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 03:24:29 EST »

Nice fellow, that De'Andre Johnson.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGdlL5U61U

Go Army - Beat Navy!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:30:44 EST »

Rebuild "One arrest record at a time" or "Dismissed transfer at a time" would be more like it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 08:57:00 EST »

So Andre Johnson is certainly an idiot, but I'm going to go ahead and be "that guy" and point out that she hit him first. Lol, that is not what I expected.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 11:21:45 EST »

So Andre Johnson is certainly an idiot, but I'm going to go ahead and be "that guy" and point out that she hit him first. Lol, that is not what I expected.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 07:55:23 EST »

What? Are you saying she didn't?  LOL!  I find her actions to be about as idiotic as his. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 04:25:07 EST »

What? Are you saying she didn't?  LOL!  I find her actions to be about as idiotic as his. 

No, I am saying that he pushed his way in, she told him to back off, she "hit" him if you call it that, then he coldcocked her. 

If you want to use the "self defense" line, then have at it.  But watching it is obvious her "blow" had no effect on him.  There was zero excuse for what he did. 

But by all means, justify away .....................

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 05:08:51 EST »

I look at it like this: How would I feel if that were my son in that video?

My answer is that I would be absolutely mortified. Embarrassed, angry, and ready to go get my son by the ear and pull him home by it, even if he is 19-20 years old. There is no justification for that type of behavior, even if the girl did "hit" him first.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 08:10:48 EST »

Right.  I am absolutely not justifying anything he did.  He was aggressive at pushing to the bar, and he should not have responded the way he did.   No arguments there.  If nothing else, he should be smart enough to figure out how it's going to look if a male strikes a female, no matter how it played out.

My point involves the female...her behavior is also not defensible.  You could also claim self defense on her part, but it looks a lot more to me like she was drunk and angry and just struck him.

So again...he is an idiot.   She certainly doesn't come off looking good either though.  Not to me. 

I am not alone in this opinion.  Just check the comments to the video.  I don't go as far as some of those, but I don't hold her completely unaccountable.  She could have handled that better at the very least. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 08:58:53 EST »

In my younger days, I spent a fair amount of time in crowded bars (shocker, I know).  And when it gets as crowded as it is in that video, you HAVE to push your way to the front if you want to get served.  That's not to excuse either party's actions when they struck each other.  But pushing your way to the bar is pretty much accepted S.O.P. in that situation.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 09:01:06 EST »

In my younger days, I spent a fair amount of time in crowded bars (shocker, I know).  And when it gets as crowded as it is in that video, you HAVE to push your way to the front if you want to get served.  That's not to excuse either party's actions when they struck each other.  But pushing your way to the bar is pretty much accepted S.O.P. in that situation.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 09:14:15 EST »

LOL.  Honestly, even in my 20's, that wasn't really my scene.  I just went along with where my friends wanted to go (the scene in that video could have been repeated multiple times every weekend at the old O'Charlies on Cumberland, btw).  If it were up to me, I would've taken everyone to an empty dive bar, or better yet, just had them over to my place for drinks.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 10:48:13 EST »

A lot of us spent time in bars in college, BDV. 

But we also knew better than hitting women.  Period. 

He coldcocked her.  Never any justification nor excuse or that. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 11:34:29 EST »

A lot of us spent time in bars in college, BDV. 

But we also knew better than hitting women.  Period. 

He coldcocked her.  Never any justification nor excuse or that. 

As I said, I don't excuse him for striking her.  But I see people in this thread implying that he started it by forcing his way up to the bar.  And unless there's some extra audio context that we're not privy to, that doesn't appear to be the case to me.  She struck him first, and he clearly overreacted.  Neither are blameless here. 

This is why I've always hated crowded bars.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 06:04:36 EST »

As I said, I don't excuse him for striking her.  But I see people in this thread implying that he started it by forcing his way up to the bar.  And unless there's some extra audio context that we're not privy to, that doesn't appear to be the case to me.  She struck him first, and he clearly overreacted.  Neither are blameless here. 

This is why I've always hated crowded bars.

I've been in my share of crowded bars also, and there can be some jostling.  And I think both parties in this case went well beyond the norm of what typically happens.  There was plenty of space for him, so she could have allowed him there had she so chosen.  But once she tried to deny him, he was quite aggressive at resisting her...moreso than i would have been.

But yes...crowded bars can be very bad.  I have a couple stories that I'll keep to myself.   

I will say this though, in spite of a few incidents that began quite similarly to what's in the video...and thankfully there were just a few....I am happy to say I have never been in a bar fight.  So IMO, it can be avoided with a bit of common sense and discretion, neither of which is in evidence with either party here.

But does that make me un-American?  Because John Wayne seems to get in a fight just about anytime he's in a bar.   

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 11:27:37 EST »

The guy followed the girl in to the business and approached her.  Yep, she slapped him, but in no way was he threatened by her - ever. 

The "self defense" excuse that some of you guys are using is just not justifialble, and in fact it is laughable.  He had the option of backing off and just leaving.  He chose to be the agressor. 

There comes a point in time where one just has to back off.  This was one of those times. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 12:51:35 EST »

The guy followed the girl in to the business and approached her.  Yep, she slapped him, but in no way was he threatened by her - ever. 

The "self defense" excuse that some of you guys are using is just not justifialble, and in fact it is laughable.  He had the option of backing off and just leaving.  He chose to be the agressor. 

There comes a point in time where one just has to back off.  This was one of those times. 

I'm not sure where you get the idea he followed her.  You're just making that up.  It looks to me, and most, that  he was just trying to get a drink and that she decided to be a giant b*tch about it.

And here it comes again with the bolded part.  Honestly Herb, I wonder if you had a good education or not.  Because your reading comprehension skills are off the charts bad.  Like if I had to guess, I would say "third grade reading level" with you.  That's not meant to be an insult, just the truth.  Find one line, ANYWHERE....anywhere above where any of us call it self defense.  It isn't there. No one said that.  You are reading that into what we said.  There is not one word above where any of us (well actually it's just me and BDV) call it "self defense".  It just isn't there.  So quit saying that, it's insulting to our intelligence. 

As for him backing off, I have already stated that it's what I would have done.  He should have also.  It's not worth it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 12:58:52 EST »

Here are some comments from the Youtube

Blake Fischer1 year ago
Modern Logic:
Woman cuts off man walking up to bar- no problem
Woman refers to man with racial slurs- no problem
Woman raises her fist to man- no problem
Woman strikes man in the face- no problem
Man gets hit and hits back- Gets kicked off football team and arrested

SMH.  COMPLETE BS.

Rustlin James1 year ago
I dont give a shizzle what anyone one says, you hit someone, you get hit back. fizzle all this "its a girl" bullshizzle. You know how to prevent this? Stop girls from thinking hitting a guy is EVER ok. Which is a lesson she learned that day

Andreinne Lawrence 1 year ago
Personally, I'm more of an old fashioned gal, basically that means I embrace the differences between males and females. But seriously, if you punch a guy, and you act like a bitch, he has a right to defend himself. Why is he expected to just walk away, or ignore her punches? That doesn't seem right to me.
Guys are supposed to be hit on, not hit. <3

Just sayin'....

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 01:39:48 EST »

I'm not sure where you get the idea he followed her.  You're just making that up.  It looks to me, and most, that  he was just trying to get a drink and that she decided to be a giant b*tch about it.

And here it comes again with the bolded part.  Honestly Herb, I wonder if you had a good education or not.  Because your reading comprehension skills are off the charts bad.  Like if I had to guess, I would say "third grade reading level" with you.  That's not meant to be an insult, just the truth.  Find one line, ANYWHERE....anywhere above where any of us call it self defense.  It isn't there. No one said that.  You are reading that into what we said.  There is not one word above where any of us (well actually it's just me and BDV) call it "self defense".  It just isn't there.  So quit saying that, it's insulting to our intelligence.  

As for him backing off, I have already stated that it's what I would have done.  He should have also.  It's not worth it.

There are two video cameras in play, Bandit.  

Watch the video and use some damned common sense.  

And on questioning my "education", fizzle you, fizzle you, and fizzle you again, you arrogant piece of dung.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: