VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 01:31:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The corruption in college basketball recruiting is being exposed.....  (Read 13680 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:22:48 EDT »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20824193/ncaa-basketball-coaches-10-charged-fraud-corruption
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:36:31 EDT »

Adidas schools today,  Nike on the radar. This will be HUGE.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:43:36 EDT »

Shocked, SHOCKED, to see that someone on Bruce Pearl's staff involved.   

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:11 EDT »

Adidas schools today,  Nike on the radar. This will be HUGE.

There is NO WAY uk is "clean"... No mention of them but they are a Nike school. Smh.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:38:37 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:23:26 EDT »

I knew something big had to be happening when I got on Twitter earlier and saw Seth Davis talking about something OTHER than politics.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:32 EDT »

I knew something big had to be happening when I got on Twitter earlier and saw Seth Davis talking about something OTHER than politics.

But...why follow that D-bag at all? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 02:06:14 EDT »

Heard the lead FBI guy on the radio this afternoon....Auburn was mentioned more than once. Bet Ole Pearl is really sweating through his suits right now. Got a feeling this is just the surface. College BB is one of the most corrupt things on the face of the earth.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 02:20:14 EDT »

Heard the lead FBI guy on the radio this afternoon....Auburn was mentioned more than once. Bet Ole Pearl is really sweating through his suits right now. Got a feeling this is just the surface. College BB is one of the most corrupt things on the face of the earth.

Ya think?  Other than AZ, the schools implicated today are hardly bluebloods.  But I'm sure UK, UNC, Duke, etc. are as pure as the wind-driven snow.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 03:12:51 EDT »

Ya think?  Other than AZ, the schools implicated today are hardly bluebloods.  But I'm sure UK, UNC, Duke, etc. are as pure as the wind-driven snow.

Only thing more corrupt might be college football. 

Or if not, it's a small step down.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 03:56:30 EDT »

How does this a-hole survive?

These allegations come as a complete shock to me," Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a statement. "If true, I agree with the U.S. Attorneys Office that these third-party schemes, initiated by a few bad actors, operated to commit a fraud on the impacted universities and their basketball programs, including the University of Louisville. Our fans and supporters deserve better and I am committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable."

He has banged a waitress in a restaurant bathroom in spite of being married, been extorted, filed charges against said waitress

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=5416259

Claimed to have no knowledge of prostitutes being used to entice players

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/10/21/ncaa-alleges-louisville-violated-rules-prostitution-scandal-charges-head-coach

And now he has no knowlege of this either.  Yeah.  Riiigggghhhhht.   

WTF is up with Louisville?  Petrino in football and the above d-bag in basketball?  Wow!  What's next?  Mike Tyson as AD?   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 04:08:30 EDT »

These allegations come as a complete shock to me," Louisville coach Rick Pitino said in a statement. "If true, I agree with the U.S. Attorneys Office that these third-party schemes, initiated by a few bad actors, operated to commit a fraud on the impacted universities and their basketball programs, including the University of Louisville. Our fans and supporters deserve better and I am committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable."

He has banged a waitress in a restaurant bathroom in spite of being married, been extorted, filed charges against said waitress

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/10/21/ncaa-alleges-louisville-violated-rules-prostitution-scandal-charges-head-coach

And now he has no knowlege of this either.  Yeah.  Riiigggghhhhht.   

WTF is up with Louisville?  Petrino in football and the above d-bag in basketball?  Wow!  What's next?  Mike Tyson as AD?   

The important thing to remember here is that Pitino didn't break bad until he got to Louisville.  At all his other jobs (especially UK), he was a pillar of integrity; a molder of men.  Just like Calipari.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:35 EDT »

And now he has no knowlege of this either.  Yeah.  Riiigggghhhhht.  

WTF is up with Louisville?  Petrino in football and the above d-bag in basketball?  Wow!  What's next?  Mike Tyson as AD?  

No way Pitino survives this.  Jurich will be out, too.

I'm just glad TN is safe.  I mean, Barnes has to be clean.  Can't cheat if you don't recruit.  
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 05:00:57 EDT »

Several national media types reporting that Pitino is expected to be fired today, and one has said that Pitino has told those close to him he expects to be gone. 

And the fallout has reached Auburn, as they lose 5 star commitment EJ Montgomery:

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/913037890598383619

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 05:05:12 EDT »

Could be the end here:

https://twitter.com/jeffgreer_cj/status/913055565663887361

Go Army - Beat Navy!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 06:08:10 EDT »

Wow! What an end. I will never believe this isn't going on at UK as well. They don't seem to be in the crosshairs. Yet.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 06:23:45 EDT »

Nike schools are next. 

Wow! What an end. I will never believe this isn't going on at UK as well. They don't seem to be in the crosshairs. Yet.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 07:45:49 EDT »

Pitino and Jurich are gone, two more assistant coaches will be gone within a few days.  They are technically on admin leave due to HR and contractual issue, but they are definitely gone.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 09:53:08 EDT »

Nike EYBL documents & employees have been subpoenaed  Below is a link to their 2017 alumni
In the NBA draft. Get your popcorn.
http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/806661
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 10:24:53 EDT »

The stampede you will see is not elephants, it is agents, coaches, and shoe company officials looking for get out of jail free cards for turning.  It took the FBI to do what the NCAA never would/never could.  All big name schools are currently filling their hats with bodily excretions.

Nike EYBL documents & employees have been subpoenaed  Below is a link to their 2017 alumni
In the NBA draft. Get your popcorn.
http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/806661

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 10:26:33 EDT »

Burn, baby, burn!

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:49 EDT »

This is going to expand in to football, too.  Probably need to be careful about wallering in glee until we see where it goes from here. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 11:21:32 EDT »

That would solce a host of problems. 
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 11:22:17 EDT »

solve
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 11:25:10 EDT »

This is going to expand in to football, too.  Probably need to be careful about wallering in glee until we see where it goes from here. 

I realize that, and I'm fine with UT taking a hit as long as some others do too (and I think we all know who I'm talking about).  We don't have as far to fall as they do, and college sports needs a complete reboot anyway.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 12:41:45 EDT »

I realize that, and I'm fine with UT taking a hit as long as some others do too (and I think we all know who I'm talking about).  We don't have as far to fall as they do, and college sports needs a complete reboot anyway.

Agree with this......This is something that should have been done years ago....Need to burn down what needs to be burned down. I am quite certain there are several universities....athletic departments....and coaching staffs across the country sweating bullets today and looking over their shoulders....More will come of this I'm sure it's just the surface right now. But....if nothing else athletic departments across the land now know that Big Brother is watching.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:49:52 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: