VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:14:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flea'd from the Mudlizard...Lattimore Update  (Read 5849 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:47:42 EDT »

https://twitter.com/CoachShyatt/status/262383410121682944

Just awful

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:05:53 EDT »

Got to be one of the worst injuries I have ever seen. I doubt he plays again ever.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 12:13:53 EDT »

Ugh, sorry my report was erroneous.   I wish it wasn't.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:22:57 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 02:38:53 EDT »

Oh no.......it looked horrible on the replay I saw.   I hope he does well.....prayers for him!

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 03:24:41 EDT »

Yikes,that the worst injury that I've ever heard of! I hope He recovers quickly

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 05:31:49 EDT »

That is indeed horrible news.  I hope he can recover.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 05:37:08 EDT »

Just watched the play.  Gordon hit his knee as he planted it.  You can see there is structural issues before he lands.  Just a normal play with a horrible result. 

I hope he recovers and plays on Sundays but it will be a long road for him.  Sucks.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 05:40:42 EDT »

According to what I read on the gamecock board last night they were not going to do an MRI until today.

I hope that the twitter that was posted is incorrect.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 05:43:46 EDT »

According to what I read on the gamecock board last night they were not going to do an MRI until today.

I hope that the twitter that was posted is incorrect.

The last I heard after that tweet started making the rounds last night was that it was NOT official. However, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine that it is correct and those injuries may have since been confirmed. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:58:24 EDT »

The last I heard after that tweet started making the rounds last night was that it was NOT official. However, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine that it is correct and those injuries may have since been confirmed.   

I have read in a couple places that the reports going around are all based on the same unofficial source, so I guess there is hope.  That was a NASTY looking injury, and I assumed by the use of the inflatable air splint that a bone break of some sort was suspected/known.  As for another comment about the MRI being on Monday, I wonder why they would wait?  When I saw the doctor for my injury last summer, the first thing he did was send me for an immediate MRI.  Maybe with the degree of damage they are waiting for some stability first (e.g., swelling to decrease).  I sure hope he recovers fully.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:14 EDT »

I have read in a couple places that the reports going around are all based on the same unofficial source, so I guess there is hope.  That was a NASTY looking injury, and I assumed by the use of the inflatable air splint that a bone break of some sort was suspected/known.  As for another comment about the MRI being on Monday, I wonder why they would wait?  When I saw the doctor for my injury last summer, the first thing he did was send me for an immediate MRI.  Maybe with the degree of damage they are waiting for some stability first (e.g., swelling to decrease).  I sure hope he recovers fully.

For the MRIs, it is related to swelling.  When I blew out my right knee in 2007, I didn't get an immediate MRI, but I didn't go to the doc right away either.  So they waited a week or two until the swelling went down.  It probably varies case to case.

As for the tweet, it was supposedly from a USC coach.  Hopefully your post above about dislocation is the final word, as that sounds much better than two broken bones.

As for all the torn ligaments...since I have been through ACL reconstruction twice,  I have been told that the  ACL is the most vulnerable.  The MCL often heals on it's own.  Don't know much about the other two, but even if all four are torn as the tweet implied, people can and do recover from that.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLveeta
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 09:30:10 EDT »

If you are interested in sending a get well wish, here's the address.  I'm gonna do it.  Nowadays you just can't have too much good sportsmanship.  I sure hope the young man will play again someday.  He seems like such a good kid.

Marcus Lattimore
University of South Carolina Athletic Dept.
Rice Athletic Center
1304 Heyward Street
Columbia,SC 29208
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 10:40:53 EDT »

Sheesh, he tore every ligament around the knee, plus broke his leg, and knee cap? Poor guy, I don't think I've ever heard of such a severe knee injury. I'm glad I couldn't see how bad it was. Remember when Leanard Little's knee was caught on tape bending backwards from a hit? Man, couldn't hardly watch it. Sure hope Lattimore completely recovers from this, but I would think the odds are against it. So sorry for him!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 10:43:52 EDT »

Sheesh, he tore every ligament around the knee, plus broke his leg, and knee cap? Poor guy, I don't think I've ever heard of such a severe knee injury. I'm glad I couldn't see how bad it was. Remember when Leanard Little's knee was caught on tape bending backwards from a hit? Man, couldn't hardly watch it. Sure hope Lattimore completely recovers from this, but I would think the odds are against it. So sorry for him!

That is not the official report.  The only official word from USC seems to be a dislocated knee.  I guess that could be accompanied by ligament and oother damage, but the first reports seem to be wrong.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:03 EDT »

That information was apparently not correct, per Spurrier's press release today.  He only mentions a dislocated knee....

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 01:16:54 EDT »

The latest update at of 7:00 p.m. ET:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore hyperextended his right knee against Tennessee, causing injury to several ligaments, the school said in a release Sunday.

Coach Steve Spurrier said the injury is something Lattimore can come back from to play football again.

There were no fractures or additional injuries, according to team physician Jeffrey Guy.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 02:21:56 EDT »

The latest update at of 7:00 p.m. ET:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore hyperextended his right knee against Tennessee, causing injury to several ligaments, the school said in a release Sunday.

Coach Steve Spurrier said the injury is something Lattimore can come back from to play football again.

There were no fractures or additional injuries, according to team physician Jeffrey Guy.

Great news.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: