VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 08:43:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor is that three Gators are suspended for the game  (Read 10473 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2015, 09:47:31 EDT »

Tabor (starting CB), McCallister (DE), and backup QB Harris

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:54:38 EDT »

I've seen Tabor & Harris. Unclear on McCalister.  UT is w/o Maggitt, and possibly Howard.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 12:06:05 EDT »

Well then their new coach is clearly a loser.  Corch herban would've come out next Monday and said they had failed a drug test from six weeks ago, and suspended them for NEXT week (unless they play someone good then).  That's how you build a champion. 

So with Harris out, we might as well go ahead and ask: who is their THIRD string QB?  I at least want to know the name of the guy who's going to lead their comeback win in the 4th quarter.

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 12:28:32 EDT »

Good grief, I'm not sure I want to know what horrific thing they did that would warrant a suspension FOR the Tennessee game.  If its something minor, they must be feeling pretty sure of themselves.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 12:35:21 EDT »

Florida plays Ole Miss next week and I saw this quote on the Florida board....

"Glad we are doing this now and not before a BIG game like next week"

Talk about zero respect.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 12:49:39 EDT »

I'm glad Harris is out if true.  I am totally underwhelmed by Grier and would prefer Harris not be around at all.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 12:52:08 EDT »

Well I don't guess they should respect UT in football. It has been a weird, and very bad series for UT   since it became a yearly game. Bad shizzle just seems to happen. We know their D is salty. Surely we won't go in there slinging it? As fans we have to know our best chance remains a conservative offensive game, field position, and our D. Unfortunately, that could backfire. This series wouldn't be like it is now if Fulmer hadn't shizzle the bed when he was poised to stay on top for a good long run. We have beat them at the swamp. It will happen again.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:57:40 EDT »

Frankly we have losing streaks to every meaningful rivalry, and all are pretty bad. This is just the next game. This is definitely a game where you work the plan. Win, lose, or draw. If it can be a draw? ;)

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 01:40:02 EDT »

Tabor and Harris are out officially. Not sure about McCallister

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 03:19:06 EDT »

Well if we can catch this little fizzleer (Grier) we might be in business! Seriously how many sacks did UT miss against OU? Lol.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 03:32:52 EDT »

But regarding Fulmer shizzleting the bed... That was at the precise moment things changed. Spurrier left for the NFL. Saban arrived at LSU, herban at flarda not long after. I sense the league is on the verge of another "flip" so to speak. Saban has to be nearing the end. Miles? Malzahn? Spurrier is done this time. Richt may be poised for a run. Freeze, too. "We" are right there people. I think it starts Saturday!

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 03:54:26 EDT »

But regarding Fulmer shizzleting the bed... That was at the precise moment things changed. Spurrier left for the NFL. Saban arrived at LSU, herban at flarda not long after. I sense the league is on the verge of another "flip" so to speak. Saban has to be nearing the end. Miles? Malzahn? Spurrier is done this time. Richt may be poised for a run. Freeze, too. "We" are right there people. I think it starts Saturday!

I'll go out on a limb and say that this is Saban's last season at bammer.  There have been persistent rumors for the past year that he isn't happy there.  The lunatic fringe of bammer fans are already calling for his head after Saturday's game, and if he loses 1-2 more (very possible) even the more "levelheaded" bammers will start to join the chorus.  By season's end, I think he'll just say "fizzle it" and press the eject button.  Maybe he'll take another NFL job.  Maybe he'll try to get back in with Texas (who is already turning on Charlie Strong).  Or maybe he'll just retire.  He's not getting any younger, afterall.

Fat Elvis is definitely leaving the building at SC.  Could Kiffin replace him?  Oh, please, please, please...

Miles has stayed one step ahead of the grim reaper since he got to LSU, and this looks like another one of "those" years for him.  Everytime the heat starts to get turned up on him, he pulls a great (and usually lucky) season out of his ass.  Ditto for Richt. 

Freeze will stay at OM forever if it's up to him, but in the end, it may not be.  I think the NCAA is closing in down there.

Auburn has always had an itchy trigger finger with their coaches.  Malzahn is probably safe for another year (unless they totally bottom out), but his seat will be on fire next season.

I don't think Bielima will see 2017 at arky, either. 

Gary Pinkel's job is safe no matter how bad MIzzou is this season, but he'll probably retire before too long.

Mason.  LOL.

So yeah, I think there's a lot of turnover on the horizon in the SEC.

Creek Walker
Re:
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 03:57:50 EDT »

I'll go out on a limb and say that this is Saban's last season at bammer.  There have been persistent rumors for the past year that he isn't happy there.  The lunatic fringe of bammer fans are already calling for his head after Saturday's game, and if he loses 1-2 more (very possible) even the more "levelheaded" bammers will start to join the chorus.  By season's end, I think he'll just say "fizzle it" and press the eject button.  Maybe he'll take another NFL job.  Maybe he'll try to get back in with Texas (who is already turning on Charlie Strong).  Or maybe he'll just retire.  He's not getting any younger, afterall.

Fat Elvis is definitely leaving the building at SC.  Could Kiffin replace him?  Oh, please, please, please...

Miles has stayed one step ahead of the grim reaper since he got to LSU, and this looks like another one of "those" years for him.  Everytime the heat starts to get turned up on him, he pulls a great (and usually lucky) season out of his ass.  Ditto for Richt. 

Freeze will stay at OM forever if it's up to him, but in the end, it may not be.  I think the NCAA is closing in down there.

Auburn has always had an itchy trigger finger with their coaches.  Malzahn is probably safe for another year (unless they totally bottom out), but his seat will be on fire next season.

Gary Pinkel's job is safe no matter how bad MIzzou is this season, but he'll probably retire before too long.

Mason.  LOL.

When does Chip Kelly replace Butch Jones at Tennessee, oh great soothsayer? 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 04:00:11 EDT »

When does Chip Kelly replace Butch Jones at Tennessee, oh great soothsayer? 

Close.  He'll be Head Coach Manning's OC next year.  With Gruden as DC.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 04:02:22 EDT »

Mason.  LOL.

Miles has survived a lot, but his trajectory has tended downward and more so in recent years.  They do look really good this year, and I hope so because for me it's Vols and whoever is playing bammer, but Auburn is pretty bad and there is a lot of football left to play.  LSU could well lose 2-3 games this year.  They struggled against an MSU team that apparently overachieved early last year so I'm not sold on them yet.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 04:29:49 EDT »

Well then their new coach is clearly a loser.  Corch herban would've come out next Monday and said they had failed a drug test from six weeks ago, and suspended them for NEXT week (unless they play someone good then).  That's how you build a champion. 

So with Harris out, we might as well go ahead and ask: who is their THIRD string QB?  I at least want to know the name of the guy who's going to lead their comeback win in the 4th quarter.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-gators-suspensions-tennessee-20150923-story.html

Without Harris available Saturday, Vanderbilt transfer Josh Grady presumably will back up Grier. Grady, who lined up at wide receiver for UF’s first two games, finished his career at Vanderbilt 3-of-7 passing for 27 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions.

Grady worked with the quarterbacks Wednesday.

You asked about the third string QB.  Seven total passes at Vandy and two ints.  I'm not too worried. 

The same article states Tabor was not a starter but is a key contributor and the leading tackler in the secondary.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 05:46:31 EDT »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-gators-suspensions-tennessee-20150923-story.html

Without Harris available Saturday, Vanderbilt transfer Josh Grady presumably will back up Grier. Grady, who lined up at wide receiver for UF’s first two games, finished his career at Vanderbilt 3-of-7 passing for 27 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions.

You asked about the third string QB.  Seven total passes at Vandy and two ints.  I'm not too worried. 

The same article states Tabor was not a starter but is a key contributor and the leading tackler in the secondary.

O' Crap!!! The backup to the backup is playing against us? We don't have any luck with backups....with the backups backup playing we are screwed!

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 03:04:11 EDT »

Tabor was a starting CB. They are wrong on that one.

Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 03:12:58 EDT »

Tabor was a starting CB. They are wrong on that one.

He didn't start against Kentucky.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 03:56:06 EDT »

He didn't start against Kentucky.

Where did you see that? I watched the game, he started. He's #31. Maybe you were confused because he wore #5 last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiK6gLPDUZ0

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:02:01 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 04:06:04 EDT »

Tabor is one of those "OR" guys on the depth chart. Co-starter with Wilson. So he's important but the other guy's also good.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 04:10:31 EDT »

Tabor is one of those "OR" guys on the depth chart. Co-starter with Wilson. So he's important but the other guy's also good.

Yeah I watched all 3 Gators games this year and Wilson comes in and plays quite a bit. He's good but Tabor's better and more experienced. Tabor also caused the fumble last year that sealed the win for them.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 04:43:58 EDT »

Yeah I watched all 3 Gators games this year and Wilson comes in and plays quite a bit. He's good but Tabor's better and more experienced. Tabor also caused the fumble last year that sealed the win for them.

Regardless, it helps. We have to find a way for our WRs to get separation.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 08:12:30 EDT »

I'm not sure if it matters if Tabor starts a particular game or not.  The article made it clear that he plays a lot and is a key part of their defensive backfield, and thus a big loss.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 11:55:40 EDT »

We have been missing Rashaun Gaulden, Marcus Jackson, and now Curt Maggitt. fizzle em! No excuses either way!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: