VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 07:05:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rucker: Vols can't win games with cautious approach  (Read 1758 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 28, 2020, 05:46:19 EDT »

I am not really a Wes Rucker fan but sometimes he puts out some good stuff and I agree with much of this because it lines up with what most of us are thinking. Vinnie has posted about Tennessee's coaches phoning it in the past two weeks, and I agree with that assessment.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/2020-Tennessee-Vols-Football-Wes-Rucker-Vols-cant-continue-going-out-with-whimper-in-big-games-153595922/?fbclid=IwAR3Uhz6Pm8WayMq3vZKve01OAhYDP09kmM_ajkPPukOc_I5YXiFCCDYKtVo
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 06:28:03 EDT »

He makes some great points.  We are all sweating how the team will respond in Fayatteville.  Arkansas right now looks like the better team. I guess we will find out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 08:39:21 EDT »

Exactly what I've been attempting to get people to acknowledge (the situation he stepped into)....ten years of losing more than winning!!! Plus a dearth of SEC talent. He needs 2 more years at minimum to get close to seeing his capability.          
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:44:19 EDT »

Exactly what I've been attempting to get people to acknowledge (the situation he stepped into)....ten years of losing more than winning!!! Plus a dearth of SEC talent. He needs 2 more years at minimum to get close to seeing his capability.          

In no way do I approve of what I've seen so far in 2020- but given all that's happened, I'm willing to give him a pass for this year. He HAS to deliver in 2021. No excuses.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 12:41:48 EDT »

By year 3 the gap against UGA....FL....Bama should be closed more than it is.....And in NO WAY should you get corn holed by KY.

We have yet to play FL this season and........we are 0-8 vs Florida, Bama and UGA. Outscored 347-122. That’s 43 points per game average.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 01:21:39 EDT »

So then he shouldn't lose to a first year Arky coach that also inherited a dumpster fire. I would pick the Vols to win this one. But it's still pretty much a pick'em.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 01:24:06 EDT »

You can't play from behind with a QB you are scared to let throw the ball from anywhere on the field, especially the red zone.  Hell, it's hard to play with a lead if you are afraid to let your QB throw it in the red zone.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 03:19:49 EDT »

"We can't put another QB out there!  What if they turn it over and we lose!". Seems to be the coaches line of thinking.

Even with JG, the game plans have just been atrocious.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 05:50:37 EDT »

"We can't put another QB out there!  What if they turn it over and we lose!". Seems to be the coaches line of thinking.

Even with JG, the game plans have just been atrocious.

There are reports that the neither Mauer nor Bailey were prepared due to injuries and Covid19.  Those may be unfounded rumors, but there may also be something to it.  I guess if JG gets in trouble against Arkansas early, that information will be put to the test.  They now have two weeks to prepare.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 01:16:56 EDT »

There are lots of suggestions out there, from people who should have more access than the average fan (the Volquest crew, for example), that Bailey may not be the be-all-end-all quarterback that most Vol fans think he will be.

I'm hoping that they are wrong.  He was certainly successful at Marietta.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 04:18:52 EDT »

I agree. When he was hired, I considered this to be a 5 year process to get us back on track. That is still my thought today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: