VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:40:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's see how far this "bad loss" drops Southern Cal.*  (Read 482 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2022, 05:40:55 EST »

`
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 05:42:36 EST »

That’s a whipping! We should be safely back in the Orange Bowl barring any more mayhem.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 06:08:24 EST »

Question 1:  Will the committee move USC (#4) below Utah (#11) in the final poll? Maybe not, using the committee logic. The committee seems to value good losses more than good wins.  Using that criteria you can argue that USC should be ahead of Utah - that Utah loss to Florida really is a killer now.  How ludicrous is that?  

Question 2:  Using that same criteria, does Penn State not have a great argument to be ranked ahead of Bama in the CFP?  PSU's only losses are to Michigan (#2) and OSU (#5, soon to be #4). Please don't misunderstand - I'm not stating that I think that PSU should now be ranked #5 in the CFP, but by the committee's ranking criteria this would seem a no-brainer.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 06:14:25 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 06:48:49 EST »

Penn St has no quality wins, or at least no wins in the top 25, IIRC.  Bammer wins ain’t much better, but they do have 2 wins vs top 25…. Barely.  Plus, PSU got trounced by UM.  

I still wonder if TCU “looses”, will the committee reconsider UT/Bammer seeing how the #4 spot is up for grabs?

Having 2 wins in the top 11 is pretty impressive, but that damn cock loss just taints everything.  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 06:50:22 EST by Coupe De VOL » Logged

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 08:18:50 EST »

My previous post was basically a sarcastic post of the selection committee's ranking of Bama ahead of us.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 03:52:42 EST »

I still wonder if TCU “looses”, will the committee reconsider UT/Bammer seeing how the #4 spot is up

No. Widely reported that TCU would need to be blown out..

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: