VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 10:45:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S3?  (Read 2401 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:55:01 EDT »

I thinking about getting it instead of the Razr Maxx.  If the battery life is decent, I might go ahead and pull the trigger.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:21:27 EDT »

Just now saw this...I just posted above about this phone.   Have you heard anything about it?  I'm thinking about it too.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:42:10 EDT »

Just now saw this...I just posted above about this phone.   Have you heard anything about it?  I'm thinking about it too.

CNet calls it the best Android phone currently out there.  It certainly has superior specs to anything else.  But I'm a little concerned about the battery life.  Everyone who has the Galaxy Nexus says its battery life is awful.  The Nexus has a 1850 mAh battery (I think) and the s3 has a 2100.  If I can just the same battery life as my Droid X (1500 mAh) I'll be happy. 

Something else to consider- the Razr HD is supposed to be coming out any day now.  It will supposedly have the same big battery as the Razr Maxx, but with a faster chip, more memory, better display, better camera, etc.  Might be worth waiting for.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 02:27:25 EDT »

Yep, I've still got a couple of months before I upgrade...starting to have issues with my Droid X, just wanting it to hang in there until I'm ready.    Ive been reading reviews....battery life is one of my concerns because Dean and I are talking about doing away with our home phone and just going with cell

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:10:17 EDT »

Razr Max rulz!   

Actually I got the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade today and a game I frequently play was spazzing out.  But I switched the display speed setting for the game from fast to lightning and it seemed to help.  LOL, the phone might be too fast for the game....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 06:49:54 EDT »

They're awesome, but big.  That works for us but may be an issue for others.  Screen is sharp and with an otterbox defender not too bulky.  Battery life is about a day.  I charge it each night and it lasts the full next day until bedtime.  We love it so far.  Now, the new Verizon share plans, that's another story.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: