VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 05:45:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So if JG is turning a corner, and Shrout isn't fools gold,  (Read 3413 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: October 27, 2019, 08:16:17 EDT »

And if JG chooses to stay, we'll have quite a competition at qb to start next year. What a difference a week makes.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 08:24:58 EDT »

Just MO but I'm thinking it's 50/50 we keep Bailey and if he goes elsewhere it might keep one we have from transferring.

BTW we had a big recruit from Bailey's school that was committed to us flip to LSU this morning.

From 247 Sports:

One of the highest-ranked prospects in Tennessee’s 2020 recruiting class has reopened his recruitment.

Four-star Class of 2020 defensive end/linebacker BJ Ojulari of Marietta (Ga.) High School decommitted from the Vols on Sunday, sources told GoVols247.

The 6-foot-3, 224-pound Ojulari, who’s the younger brother of Georgia outside linebacker Azeez Ojulari, had been committed to Tennessee since Aug. 16. He chose the Vols over Auburn, Georgia and LSU at the time.

The Vols are left with 16 known commitments for the 2020 class.

He’s a teammate of four-star Tennessee quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey. But another of his teammates, five-star athlete Arik Gilbert, announced his commitment to LSU on Wednesday, choosing the Tigers over Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Texas A&M.

LSU was scheduled to host Ojulari on an official visit this weekend, but his flight to Louisiana was canceled.

Ojulari is ranked the No: 139 overall prospect and No. 9 weakside defensive end in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 09:19:04 EDT »

And if JG chooses to stay, we'll have quite a competition at qb to start next year. What a difference a week makes.
I don't see JG staying

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:53:03 EDT »

Just MO but I'm thinking it's 50/50 we keep Bailey and if he goes elsewhere it might keep one we have from transferring.

BTW we had a big recruit from Bailey's school that was committed to us flip to LSU this morning.

From 247 Sports:

One of the highest-ranked prospects in Tennessee’s 2020 recruiting class has reopened his recruitment.

Four-star Class of 2020 defensive end/linebacker BJ Ojulari of Marietta (Ga.) High School decommitted from the Vols on Sunday, sources told GoVols247.

The 6-foot-3, 224-pound Ojulari, who’s the younger brother of Georgia outside linebacker Azeez Ojulari, had been committed to Tennessee since Aug. 16. He chose the Vols over Auburn, Georgia and LSU at the time.

The Vols are left with 16 known commitments for the 2020 class.

He’s a teammate of four-star Tennessee quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey. But another of his teammates, five-star athlete Arik Gilbert, announced his commitment to LSU on Wednesday, choosing the Tigers over Alabama, Georgia, Clemson and Texas A&M.

LSU was scheduled to host Ojulari on an official visit this weekend, but his flight to Louisiana was canceled.

Ojulari is ranked the No: 139 overall prospect and No. 9 weakside defensive end in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

If you read the story on some other sources Ojulari said he favored LSU before he made the pledge to UT so this one was basically not even a real commitment from this kid.  Some of these players think that everybody is going to kiss their butts and all, but seriously I think it is time we tell them, ok so you don't want to come to UT, fine with us.  Lets get players that really want to be here. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:12:13 EDT »

I don't see JG staying

Neither do I, and I don't see Shrout staying if Bailey signs and ends up here. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 05:19:19 EDT »

If you read the story on some other sources Ojulari said he favored LSU before he made the pledge to UT so this one was basically not even a real commitment from this kid.  Some of these players think that everybody is going to kiss their butts and all, but seriously I think it is time we tell them, ok so you don't want to come to UT, fine with us.  Lets get players that really want to be here. 

It's been stated that LSU didn't have room for him at first thus the UT commit. For some reason LSU now has room for him. It's a position of need and hope we have some others on the board. With the December signing date being the main signing date now for the top recruits it's good to have them in the bag pretty soon.

He still has a UT official visit listed among 3 others.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 05:20:00 EDT »

Maurer is the future - dude gets the offense moving. Of course we need to keep him from hitting his head all the time

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 05:35:42 EDT »

3 viable QBs with a 4-star on the way.  A good problem to have. 

And by viable, I mean USC JG, not bammer and Ga State JG

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 03:28:40 EDT »

3 viable QBs with a 4-star on the way.  A good problem to have. 

Much better than the alternative problem.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 04:13:53 EDT »

Pruitt said....We might just play all 3 QBs this weekend.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 05:06:15 EDT »

Pruitt said....We might just play all 4 QBs this weekend.
FIFY

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 09:49:23 EDT »

JG has not turned a corner. Remember back to Auburn last year. He had turned a corner. So no JG needs to go on with his life elsewhere. No hate. He is now the 3rd best option in 3 fighting for job.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 10:03:52 EDT »

I think Maurer is the starter next year - the offense is dangerous with him.

JG will likely transfer. We also have Kasim Hill next year and 5 star hot shot Bailey.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 11:21:56 EDT »

FIFY

Need to let JJ throw it some out of it...Jump pass etc. Make the defense guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: