VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 12:09:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk to me about Alex Bars  (Read 3380 times)
10EC
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:19 EDT »

We need big boys...
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:38 EDT »

Another real priority for UT, and a guy whose stock has really risen in this off season.  He's a Rivals Top 100 player (number 55).  They have him as a 4 star right now, and his offer list is a virtual who's who of college football.  

UT is in good shape with him, from everything I have seen and heard, but certainly not a lock at this point.  

To underscore how good a year it is in Tennessee, there are 4 Tennesseans on the top 100, and UT already has two of them in house in Hurd and TK2, and have a very good shot with the other two in Bars and Josh Malone:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3235
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:13:07 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
10EC
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:09:35 EDT »

Another real priority for UT, and a guy whose stock has really risen in this off season.  He's a Rivals Top 150 player (number 55).  They have him as a 4 star right now, and his offer list is a virtual who's who of college football. 

UT is in good shape with him, from everything I have seen and heard, but certainly not a lock at this point. 

If I am a lineman and I see they just got commits from 2 - 4 (maybe 5) star guys... I'm giving that serious consideration.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:06:27 EDT »

Jalen Hood was being recruited by Graham per that site.  Hope that doesn't hurt us, but its so early I doubt it will.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:36 EDT »

Hurd committed after Graham left and Gillespie bacame his prinary recruiter.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 12:14:38 EDT »

Hurd committed after Graham left and Gillespie bacame his prinary recruiter.

Meant Josh Malone

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:04:58 EDT »

Hopefully Penn State being on NCAA probation will help Alex to decide to go to Tennessee. I think Alex Bars had family that played for Penn State and Michigan
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:25:34 EDT by WoodstockVol » Logged

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 02:25:20 EDT »

Meant Josh Malone

A good buddy of mine who lives in Gallatin knows the Malone family.  He says that Josh and the family grew up as Tennessee fans.  Hopefully that plays a part in his decision.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about Graham being anybody's primary recruiter at this point.  Everything I hear indicates that his reputation as a recruiter was good, but no better than Gillespie's has proved to be thus far. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: