VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 08:20:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Tennessee High School football news  (Read 2238 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:46:36 EDT »

Powell Coach Derek Rang has resigned after being placed on administrative leave. He's being investigated for testing irregularities during an end of course Algebra ll test He was administering and that He left the class unattended during testing. Rough for the kids of Powell High School,third coach in three seasons.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:33:34 EDT »

Powell Coach Derek Rang has resigned after being placed on administrative leave. He's being investigated for testing irregularities during an end of course Algebra ll test He was administering and that He left the class unattended during testing. Rough for the kids of Powell High School,third coach in three seasons.

Derek is a good football coach, a very good teacher, and a class individual who made a mistake and owned up to it.  He was told that he was going to have his day in court, so to speak, but was never given that opportunity.  I need to be careful how I word this, so let's just say that it wasn't handled very well by Knox County Schools administration. 

Derek will be back coaching next year somewhere. 

Powell is a good high school football program right now, having gone 37-4 over the last 3 years, playing for a state championship 2 years ago and getting to the semi-finals last year before losing by 5 to Columbia Central.  There will be no shortage of qualified applicants. 

That said, there are a couple of coaches on the current staff that I would like to see get an opportunity to move up, and I hope that happens.  One of them has been acting as the head coach since Derek was suspended back in December. 

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:18:20 EDT »

101st, Knox County school administrators have NOT handled any teacher investigations well in years. The Downtown higher-ups always pass judgment and deal out punishment before any investigation or hearing. As far as I am witnessed, if you are accused, you are guilty. Does not matter what can be proved or disproved. If you do not have a relative or know someone in the GOP party leadership (who run county government as a fiefdom) to pull strings, you get railroaded. It is not fair, but it is the way it goes. Right now, the Superintendent is under so much pressure for being a screw-up that he takes every opportunity to look like a leader and acts like a petty tyrant.
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 02:30:51 EDT »

101st, Knox County school administrators have NOT handled any teacher investigations well in years. The Downtown higher-ups always pass judgment and deal out punishment before any investigation or hearing. As far as I am witnessed, if you are accused, you are guilty. Does not matter what can be proved or disproved. If you do not have a relative or know someone in the GOP party leadership (who run county government as a fiefdom) to pull strings, you get railroaded. It is not fair, but it is the way it goes. Right now, the Superintendent is under so much pressure for being a screw-up that he takes every opportunity to look like a leader and acts like a petty tyrant.

Check your PM box, 73. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: