VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 05:23:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erik Ainge according to AJC blog hating on Derek Dooley  (Read 5849 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2013, 06:42:58 EDT »

Eric didn't like Dooley having a huge house while struggling at Coaching Tennessee

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/the-hater/2013/mar/12/erik-ainge-does-not-millionaire-derek-dooley-lived       

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:04:37 EDT »

It would appear the green monster of jealousy and envy may have overcome Erik.
101stDad
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:22:49 EDT »

It would appear the green monster of jealousy and envy may have overcome Erik.

Yep, and not only that, but the blogger doesn't exactly appear to be on top of things, either.  He said that Dooley was at UT 2 years when he was here 3, and he made in the neighborhood of $6 million, and not $4 million.  And Ainge doesn't do radio for UT.  He is a sports stalk radio host for a station in Knoxville. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:22 EDT »

If you listen to Erik at all (I know some of you don't) you would know he dislikes Dooley for more reasons than things like a house.  I don't listen to him much, but I've listened enough to know some of the history of his disdain for Dooley.
VOLveeta
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:07:36 EDT »

I agree with Eric.  I think we are starting to realize the COMPLETE lack of humility possessed by our former coach... with ZERO track record he came in here and acted like Nero before he even proved he could coach and then managed to do about as much damage as you could imagine a program could suffer.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:42:13 EDT »

I agree with Eric.  I think we are starting to realize the COMPLETE lack of humility possessed by our former coach... with ZERO track record he came in here and acted like Nero before he even proved he could coach and then maYuped to do about as much damage as you could imagine a program could suffer.

yup
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 09:13:47 EDT »

I agree with the general point, that Dooley had an ego way beyond his very modest accomplishments.  However I don't really see the point of poking at his house...he made a lot of money, he could afford it, big deal.   Eric should just stick to saying he was overpaid and leave the house out of it, other than as a sign that he was overpaid. 

But even then, Dooley was making far less than many in the SEC...still way too much for what he "accomplished" though.

Dooley to me was our reward for not handling the end of the Fulmer era very well. That was badly bungled, and so we had to suffer through Lane and Dooley.  Thank God that is likely behind us now...or so I hope.

I really think the key for Butch is to survive beyond his third year.  If he can make a bowl game every year he will, IMO.  If he gets beyond that third year I think the recruiting that is going on now will really kick in and we will be competing for championships again.  In the meantime, I think the next couple of years a bowl game - any bowl game - is fine with me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 09:19:29 EDT »

I agree with the general point, that Dooley had an ego way beyond his very modest accomplishments.  However I don't really see the point of poking at his house...he made a lot of money, he could afford it, big deal.   Eric should just stick to saying he was overpaid and leave the house out of it, other than as a sign that he was overpaid. 

But even then, Dooley was making far less than many in the SEC...still way too much for what he "accomplished" though.

Dooley to me was our reward for not handling the end of the Fulmer era very well. That was badly bungled, and so we had to suffer through Lane and Dooley.  Thank God that is likely behind us now...or so I hope.

I really think the key for Butch is to survive beyond his third year.  If he can make a bowl game every year he will, IMO.  If he gets beyond that third year I think the recruiting that is going on now will really kick in and we will be competing for championships again.  In the meantime, I think the next couple of years a bowl game - any bowl game - is fine with me.
disagree as the freaking oversized and over priced (for his position and asking price) is just another expression of his outsized ego

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 09:23:08 EDT »

disagree as the freaking oversized and over priced (for his position and asking price) is just another expression of his outsized ego

I guess I just don't really give a rat's ass where he lived or anything like that.    

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 09:31:29 EDT »

I guess I just don't really give a rat's ass where he lived or anything like that.    

I don't really disagree with you... his house isn't really our business...  I think it's just a personal observation that if you buy something like that with so little history of success, you definitely aren't suffering in the confidence department.  I guess it's just a "thing" where I certainly know, personally, Id'a opted for a safer first place until I knew this was "gonna work".  I moved to Roanoke, almost bought a house... thank God I didn't because it definitely didn't work out.  But I knew, at least, I'd best start modest cuz this might not work out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 09:36:11 EDT »

If people are worried about Dooley's house, they should direct their anger to the guy who gave him the contract that allowed him to afford a place like that.  There are a lot better reasons than that to dislike Dooley.  Hamilton overpaid him, and he gladly took it.  Wouldn't you? 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 10:13:19 EDT »

I don't really disagree with you... his house isn't really our business...  I think it's just a personal observation that if you buy something like that with so little history of success, you definitely aren't suffering in the confidence department.  I guess it's just a "thing" where I certainly know, personally, Id'a opted for a safer first place until I knew this was "gonna work".  I moved to Roanoke, almost bought a house... thank God I didn't because it definitely didn't work out.  But I knew, at least, I'd best start modest cuz this might not work out.

I'm just looking at it like my house is about 120-130% of what I make in a year, but I have a friend who doubled down on what he and his wife make.  Dooley only went about 50% over his annual salary which, while it's a lot of house, is actually not that bad IMO.

But whatever, he was definitely a egotistical jerk that we only got stuck with because we were desperate.  Thank God he is gone now.  I am looking forward to not having to think about Dooley at all.    
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:18:14 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 10:18:37 EDT »

I don't think the price of his house is a big deal. Obviously we over-paid for Dooley's services but in the grand scheme of things we didn't pay too much for a college head coach. It is what it is.

I don't get the hating on Erik Ainge, though. That's a little silly. He put four years into this program and after the way the former players were treated by Dooley I guarantee you that he has plenty of reasons to dislike Dooley that go well beyond the price of the Dooley mansion.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 10:20:46 EDT »

I don't get the hating on Erik Ainge, though. That's a little silly.

I don't think anyone is though.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: