VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:46:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do coaches lie to recruits about whether they're staying at the school?...  (Read 2254 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:54:17 EST »

Maybe. Maybe not.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2012/12/3/3721956/ole-miss-commi-flips-for-louisville-says-strong-is-staying
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:57:50 EST »

I'm sure Strong does have no intentions of leaving anytime soon. 

Anytime soon being the "depends on what your definition of is is" Clintonesque out for Strong if UT offers him 4 or 5 million per year. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 11:00:25 EST »

Nope. Coaches never lie to recruits. And Kiffin never told those hostesses to go to South Carolina, either.

But let's suppose Strong is being honest with the kid. Why do you suppose he made a point of telling so many people around him that his interview with UT went so well. I thought that was a little odd to begin with. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a coach boasting about their interview like that. And this is the same guy who was furious when reports leaked that he supposedly interviewed with Auburn.

I'm not normally one to be given to conspiracy theories, but if Hart were going to hire a certain high-profile coach and if he was looking for ways to keep the pressure off and if he had a couple of coaches willing to run interference for him . . . nah, probably couldn't happen.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:24:22 EST »

Like anyone else, they do what they must to survive. Until they sign on the dotted line they never really know for sure. Neither does the university for that matter.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:40:28 EST »

Nope. Coaches never lie to recruits. And Kiffin never told those hostesses to go to South Carolina, either.

But let's suppose Strong is being honest with the kid. Why do you suppose he made a point of telling so many people around him that his interview with UT went so well. I thought that was a little odd to begin with. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a coach boasting about their interview like that. And this is the same guy who was furious when reports leaked that he supposedly interviewed with Auburn.

I'm not normally one to be given to conspiracy theories, but if Hart were going to hire a certain high-profile coach and if he was looking rfor ways to keep the pressure off and if he had a couple of coaches willing to run interference for him . . . nah, probably couldn't happen.

Lots of weirdness about this whole deal.  At first I thought "why would a coach be willing to play Hart's interference game?"  But that's easy, they get a raise when they weren't looking to leave in the first place.

Also, remember the theory I posted (and you corroborated, in theory) about the timing of the release of sensitive details about an offer, possibly by Sexton.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 11:55:08 EST »

It's not a lie if you have your fingered crossed (wasn't that what me did as kids?). Does the sun come up in the east and set in the west? Does a wild bear use the woods? It all depends on the phrasing of the answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: