VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 08:22:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It could have been worse  (Read 964 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2023, 06:02:38 EDT »

“Under the strong leadership of its chancellor, Tennessee acted swiftly, thoroughly and decisively,” the panel said in its decision.

During the hearing, the enforcement staff stated that the fully formed record in this case would not have been possible without Tennessee’s significant efforts to secure and develop information.

“Tennessee’s cooperation throughout the investigation and processing of this case was exemplary by any measure,” the panel said. “Although this case involved egregious conduct, (Tennessee’s) response to that conduct is the model all institutions should strive to follow.”

Penalties:
Five years of probation.
A reduction in football scholarships by a total of 28 during the term of probation, including at least two scholarships each year.
Tennessee previously self-imposed and is credited with 16 scholarship reductions from the 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic years.
A reduction in football official visits by a total of 36 during the term of probation, including a reduction of at least four per year. Tennessee shall prohibit official visits in connection with a total of 10 regular-season home games, four of which must be against SEC opponents.
Tennessee previously self-imposed and is credited with a reduction of seven official visits from the 2021-22 academic year, and the school can be credited for any additional reductions in visits from the 2022-23 academic year if they were imposed in connection with regular-season home games.
A reduction in football unofficial visits by a total of 40 weeks during the term of probation, including at least six weeks per year. Tennessee shall prohibit unofficial visits in connection with 10 regular-season home games, four of which must be against SEC opponents.
Tennessee previously self-imposed and is credited with a six-week reduction in 2021 and two weeks during 2022, and the school can be credited for any additional reductions imposed for regular-season home games during the 2022-23 academic year.
A total 28-week ban on recruiting communications during the term of probation, including at least three weeks per year. This will include one week each in December and January and one week from March to June.
A total reduction in evaluation days by 120 during the term of probation.
Tennessee self-imposed and is credited with a reduction of 12 days in fall 2021 and eight days in spring 2022, and the school can be credited for any additional reductions it imposed during the 2022-23 academic year.
A six-year show-cause order for the former head coach. Should the head coach become employed in an athletically related position at an NCAA school during that show-cause order, he shall be subject to a suspension from 100% of the first season of his employment.
A five-year show-cause order for the former director of recruiting.
A 10-year show-cause order for the former assistant director of recruiting.
A two-year show-cause order for former assistant coach 3. Should he be employed by an NCAA member school during that period, he shall be prohibited from participating in on- and off-campus recruiting activities.
A vacation of all records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the contests impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 14 days of the public release of the decision.
An indefinite disassociation of booster 2 (self-imposed by the school during the 2021 football season).
Additional self-imposed penalties:
During the 2023-24 academic year, Tennessee shall forgo the purchase of advertising with all football postseason broadcasts in which it is a participant.
Each year of the probation term, an external group shall conduct a compliance review of the football program, with an emphasis on recruiting operations.
Each year of the probation term, Tennessee shall host an annual, mandatory compliance seminar with an emphasis on recruiting for all football staff (coaches, part-time and volunteer staffs included). Staff from either the NCAA national office or the Southeastern Conference office will be in attendance.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 06:07:17 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 06:35:50 EDT »

About as good as we could have hoped for. Behind us now....
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 06:43:29 EDT »

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 09:02:23 EDT »

Effing Pruitt. Cheating his ass off and his teams still sucked.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 09:14:57 EDT »

I'm glad we're moving on.

I love the taste of great news, which is greatly improved with addition of the salt from gator tears

11B4PJ3F7
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 09:17:53 EDT »

I wonder if this will help us hook some of the unsigned talent. I certainly can't hurt us next year

11B4PJ3F7
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 09:55:31 EDT »

Effing Pruitt. Cheating his ass off and his teams still sucked.

Yea, how can a guy cheat that much and have such bad teams?

Some guys took the money and then committed elsewhere.

He should get another 5 years for stupidity and incompetence at cheating. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 10:25:54 EDT »

We are going to have to vacate some games....as a fan I hate that. 

What it doesn't say is we cooperated to be rid of the guy.   

I wonder what happens to his lawsuit now?  Hard to see it gaining any traction.  I suspect either it will be dismissed or he will settle for a really small amount.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 10:50:41 EDT »

We are going to have to vacate some games....as a fan I hate that. 

What it doesn't say is we cooperated to be rid of the guy.   

I wonder what happens to his lawsuit now?  Hard to see it gaining any traction.  I suspect either it will be dismissed or he will settle for a really small amount.

I hate to vacate wins. But on the bright side, he only won 16.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 10:54:44 EDT »

But those were some big wins. That monumental victory over UTEP in 2018 is gonna be hard to part with.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 11:13:04 EDT »

But those were some big wins. That monumental victory over UTEP in 2018 is gonna be hard to part with.
As will be the Georgia State game ...

Oh wait!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 11:27:35 EDT »

I went back and read Pruitt's termination letter

It was absolutely spot on as to the final NCAA adjudication

I believe his firing for cause and the other firings that day were what eventually saved us from more extensive sanctions

One thing I had forgotten till reminded several times today but a search firm was hired on Friday for an AD position that wasn't open till Sunday ....
That was why I said at the time that Fulmer was (deservedly) FIRED but was allowed to resign publicly.
The fact that Fulmer was paid a (large and excessive) severance angers me to this day
Fulmer should contribute that severance to the University's $8M fine!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2023, 11:38:39 EDT »

Fulmer should contribute that severance to the University's $8M fine!

agree

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2023, 12:41:42 EDT »

We fired Pruitt and saved close to 13 million we didn't pay him.....We will pay the NCAA 8 million out Pruitt's money and still come out close to 5 million in the good....On top of that we got rid of a clueless AD and one of the worse coaches that ever crapped between a pair of Spot-Bilt coaching shoes....And we got Danny White and Heupel to boot....What a huge win for UT!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 02:36:43 EDT »

I'm glad we're moving on.

I love the taste of great news, which is greatly improved with addition of the salt from gator tears

It is a nice bonus.   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2023, 11:34:02 EDT »

Glad it is over. No way Pruitt suddenly suddenly concocted his cheating ways at UT. I fully believe it was learned behavior while at other universities! 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2023, 04:07:15 EDT »

actually looking back on it, maybe its not so funny 

but thank God it's behind us 

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 04:11:40 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2023, 04:07:58 EDT »

Glad it is over. No way Pruitt suddenly suddenly concocted his cheating ways at UT. I fully believe it was learned behavior while at other universities! 

Especially the crimson turd land of tuskalooser

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2023, 10:47:18 EDT »

Just shows how stupid Pruitt is. He didn't learn well. UGa and Bama never get caught it seems.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2023, 06:19:44 EDT »

Just shows how stupid Pruitt is. He didn't learn well. UGa and Bama never get caught it seems.

Yep.  His nickname is "gomer" for a reason.   

Or is it goober? 

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2023, 01:53:21 EDT »

Why do they do that? Why don't they just vacate our seasons win or lose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: