VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 02:41:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My thoughts on the SCjr - N Carolina game  (Read 2981 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2015, 03:07:00 EDT »

1 - SCjr won the game, but mostly because the UNC QB was terrible and kept throwing the ball into covered areas. UNC also didn't use their best RB inexplicably in the late stages of the game. Elijah Hood is their best player, and I am very impressed with him, he looks really good after his role as a hobbit in Lord of the Rings.
 2 - They have 3 pretty good RBs. I was particularly impressed with Williams and Carson. Their OL is average though.
 3 - Very unimpressed with Mitch as a QB. he is very limited.
 4 - I'll give Spurrier credit for using his best offensive player, Cooper, and coming up with any way he could to get him the ball.
 5 - SC is limited in their passing game, not much talent beyond Cooper.
 6 - Defensively they have some issues, not particularly good at stopping the run or pass - UNC offense didn't exploit. They do have a pretty good DT in Griffin, and Moore is a very good LB.

I know we haven't see us play yet, and it was their first game - but right now I think we beat SC by two TDs
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 03:30:24 EDT »

suck in the SEC....not that that upsets me, I relish seeing "The Ole Ball Coach" have to eat crow for an entree and humble pie for desert.               
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 03:37:07 EDT »

Spurrier did a great job maximizing minimal offensive talent. Cooper is fantastic. Mitch is not.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 04:19:03 EDT »

Spurrier clearly out-coached Fedora last night. I'm glad we didn't pursue that guy before going after Jones.

It's hard to imagine SC making a serious run at the SEC East, though. All the talk about the Gamecocks and Spurrier being revitalized after that debacle last season appears to be just that — talk.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 05:44:21 EDT »

Spurrier clearly out-coached Fedora last night.

Big time. Fedora is terrible.

UNC's backs had 23 carries for 199 yards-- over 8 yards per carry-- and yet they kept throwing it in the red zone with their erratic QB. They could easily have won that game by multiple TDs.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 06:35:18 EDT »

Both teams had better hope that the "you make the most improvement between games one and two" saying comes true.  Neither were worth a damn. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 08:50:19 EDT »

I only saw the last 8 minutes in the Dallas airport from a crowded restaurant, but it was clear even from that limited exposure that Fedora made some terrible decisions.  On 4th and goal from the 8 with over 5 minutes and two timeouts left, you kick the FG.  Especially with that lousy of a throwing QB.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 05:16:08 EDT »

Big time. Fedora is terrible.

UNC's backs had 23 carries for 199 yards-- over 8 yards per carry-- and yet they kept throwing it in the red zone with their erratic QB. They could easily have won that game by multiple TDs.
My thoughts exactly..Every time their big back gashed SC in the red zone,they rushed to the line and I'm thinking yeah do it again..nope! They throw an int in the end zone..Stupid.. Was shades of Randy Sanders play calling all over again..The only thing that stopped their running game was their stupid play calling...The only bright spot is that when SC plays SEC teams,they will get a beat down  
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:19:57 EDT by crockettman » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: