VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 11:00:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, there's a lot to like...  (Read 2021 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2015, 03:41:53 EDT »

...and a lot to be very concerned about. 

+The OL looked much, much better.  I only remember one sack, and rushing lanes were open all night (399 rushing yards!).  I know this wasn't the best defense, but geez- they had trouble blocking the likes of Utah State, UTC, and Vandy last year.  This was encouraging.

+Kamara is all we hoped he would be.

+Dobbs spread it around nicely, rather than locking in on one WR.  Let's see if he does the same when Pig gets back.

+Return game looks like it will be a HUGE weapon this year.

-Obviously, the secondary.  Hopefully, TK2 and Martin get back very, very soon, because this was a disaster.

-Lack of a pass rush is concerning.  I know they have a veteran OL, and their QB was getting rid of the ball quickly (since our DBs left someone wide open on nearly every play), but I was expecting more than this. 

-Medley.  WTF?

I feel pretty confident we can move the ball on OU.  But we can't beat them unless this defense gets cleaned up in a hurry. 

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:48:34 EDT »

Is our D that bad or was their offense and execution that good? Maybe a lil of both..I didn't get to see much of the game except the 4th qtr because of having to work today..I expect a much better effort next week against OU..Lets hope! 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:59:00 EDT »

Is our D that bad or was their offense and execution that good? Maybe a lil of both..I didn't get to see much of the game except the 4th qtr because of having to work today..I expect a much better effort next week against OU..Lets hope! 

Probably a little of both.  I don't know that their offense is really that good, but they certainly caught us off guard with that crazy-ass gameplan.  I've never seen a team go deep so often.  It's like we were playing real football, and they were playing Madden.  It seemed like they were spreading them 4-5 wide and attempting a homerun at least once every 3-4 snaps, and our D just wasn't prepared for that.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 06:38:36 EDT »

A couple things...

One UTC as I have noted elsewhere had two nfl quality dl last year. Bgsu has none. They gave up a record 643 rush yards to Wisconsin last year. Ill believe they are improved when they perform against ou or uf

Two on the radio they said the dl was it's usual self in the first quarter getting pressure bit seemed to run out of gas as the gsme wore on. FWIW.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:11:03 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: