VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 03:54:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got any vid streaming links for the TSSAA playoffs?  (Read 2047 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:42:40 EDT »

..always an exciting time of year

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:01:03 EDT »

can't you bounce it off one of yer satellites?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 05:26:26 EDT »

I was just looking at the 5A bracket, and it looks like they've changed some things this year (I don't really keep up with all the classification/rules changes).  In the past few years, Ooltewah has usually beaten someone local (or semi-local) in the first round before getting smacked down by one of those midstate powerhouses the next week.  But this year, it looks like the entire top half of the bracket is all East TN teams, and whomever comes out of that half wouldn't even see a Mid/West team until the Finals.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 05:37:49 EDT »

I was just looking at the 5A bracket, and it looks like they've changed some things this year (I don't really keep up with all the classification/rules changes).  In the past few years, Ooltewah has usually beaten someone local (or semi-local) in the first round before getting smacked down by one of those midstate powerhouses the next week.  But this year, it looks like the entire top half of the bracket is all East TN teams, and whomever comes out of that half wouldn't even see a Mid/West team until the Finals.

Upon further examination, it looks like most of those midstate teams that usually beat us have moved up to 6A.  Good for us, I guess.  Bad for them.  Good luck trying to stop Murvil from winning their 900th title in a row.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 06:44:08 EDT »

I was on the staff at Humboldt and we beat Maryville at Maryville in 1979 to win the state championship. Don't think Maryville has lost a state championship since.
RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 05:17:43 EDT »

Maryville lost the state title to Ravenwood last year. Maryville looks great. It looks like Maryville and Oakland are on a collision course to meet each other in the semifinal game in 3 weeks. Game will be at Oakland.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 08:25:52 EDT »

I have a niece who is a Sr at Ootlewah.  Her brother graduated from there a few years ago and my father played there back in the day.  I think he also played for McMinn Co as well.  I played for MUS in the early 80s back when there were only 3 classifications and no divisions.  We made it to the Quarters my Jr year and the Finals my Sr year.  Beating Brentwood Academy in Vandy stadium in the Semis that last year was a helluva experience.  I remember going to playoff games when I was a kid and I especially remember the cold weather & getting hot chocolate.  I never really watched much of the games back then, as we were always playing pick up games on the practice field near the stadium.  They probably don't allow stuff like that to go on these days!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: