VTTW Board Index
May 27, 2024, 01:46:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harrison Bailey is in quarantine.....  (Read 1735 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2020, 04:51:10 EDT »

.....along with some others.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/jeremy-pruitt-shares-that-tennessee-qb-has-not-practiced-due-to-quarantine/?fbclid=IwAR3xZEFPEylS6_xERo8fF-841cy1AlEU32CtSZxQg5ALIHQv0Z-R2-ktEyY
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:02:57 EDT »

I posted on another site yesterday....Wouldn't you know our 5 star, blue chip QB got 3 days of Spring practice in and now hasn't taken a snap yet in camp because he's in isolation.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 05:03:31 EDT »

Does anyone see this season actually happening? So he had no contact with anyone else on the team? If he did, shouldn't they be quarantined as well?  If they are asymptomatic can they play with the virus? Do you see all schools being honest in their reporting of the virus? This country has effed up a perfectly good pandemic. To much contradictory info.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:00:38 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 06:37:08 EDT »

Bailey wasn't the only one in isolation...We had some more that have not practiced all week.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:24:42 EDT »

How long have the kids been on campus?  Sometimes if you have traveled somewhere, you need to be on 2 weeks quarantine.  If you were around someone that tested positive - 2 weeks quarantine.  He is probably just in the middle of his 2week stint.  Or he could have tested positive.  I don't think it is anything to freak out about.  We all know how tenuous things are.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 12:35:09 EDT »

How long have the kids been on campus?  Sometimes if you have traveled somewhere, you need to be on 2 weeks quarantine.  If you were around someone that tested positive - 2 weeks quarantine.  He is probably just in the middle of his 2week stint.  Or he could have tested positive.  I don't think it is anything to freak out about.  We all know how tenuous things are.
What I hear is he was exposed, this the quarantine

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 02:09:20 EDT »

He’ll be fine. They’ll all be fine. The average kid that age is far more likely to die from the common flu- and these are physical specimens, not average kids. The main concern is that they’re missing practice. And that’s especially true for Bailey, who went into spring hoping to challenge for the starting role. Now, through no fault of his own, he might not even be 2nd string. I hate to say it, but a redshirt might be in order.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 02:25:00 EDT »

He’ll be fine. They’ll all be fine. The average kid that age is far more likely to die from the common flu- and these are physical specimens, not average kids. The main concern is that they’re missing practice. And that’s especially true for Bailey, who went into spring hoping to challenge for the starting role. Now, through no fault of his own, he might not even be 2nd string. I hate to say it, but a redshirt might be in order.

Most will be fine but not all, specifically those that develop a heart condition as a result of the virus. The kid from IU had it and I think that played a major part in the Big 10 cancelling their season. And not all of the players are physical specimens. The linemen are technically obese. And the coaches and administrators aren't physical specimens. Looking at you, Jim Chaney.

They will need to test constantly and get results quickly. The football players are going to have to stay away from the regular student population. And if they start to have cases develop because of contact from the games, the party is over.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 04:23:47 EDT »

I might have missed it....But all the practice video I've seen this week I can't recall seeing Chaney in any of them. Maybe they have him coaching up in the tower.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 05:02:15 EDT »

I might have missed it....But all the practice video I've seen this week I can't recall seeing Chaney in any of them. Maybe they have him coaching up in the tower.

Georgia State freshman QB is out for the season due to developing heart issues after having Covid. They caught it and he's fine but not playing this season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: