VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 01:31:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd be lying. . .  (Read 5367 times)
JBuck
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:58:33 EDT »

. . .if I said that I didn't pause for a few seconds after Palardy's kick before celebrating.  Unconsciously, I was almost expecting to see some kind of flag or other previously unknown to me rule that we somehow violated as I stared at the :00 on the screen. 

But, not today!  Go Vols!!!!!
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 10:25:32 EDT »

"Zactly what I was waiting for.  Is "the curse" finally lifted?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:21:33 EDT »

I'm waiting for news to break that something was reviewed and we really didn't win.   
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 03:41:17 EDT »

I'm old enough ( no comments from the peanut gallery, Pirate ) to remember other "down" periods in Vol football, but I can never remember a streak of so many "weird" bad breaks as we've had the last few years! .

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:55:55 EDT »

My reaction was kinda the same as Butch Jones. Although I think he was just soaking it all in, I was waiting to hear "The previous play is under further review."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 05:31:48 EDT »

I'm old enough ( no comments from the peanut gallery, Pirate ) to remember other "down" periods in Vol football, but I can never remember a streak of so many "weird" bad breaks as we've had the last few years! .

It's OVER.  Book it!   

Although I go out of my way to avoid being superstitious, I was at the UCLA game in 2008 that was the beginning of the end for Fulmer with my best friend from college, who has lived in LA for years.   Just a couple weeks ago, I was a guest at his house in LA the Saturday night that Kiffin got fired.  We both woke up Sunday am and, and after celebrating the news of Kiffins' demise,  immediately stated that the curse was over!

FWIW....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:48:32 EDT »

My reaction was kinda the same as Butch Jones. Although I think he was just soaking it all in, I was waiting to hear "The previous play is under further review."

Love this pictures!!  :)   

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:29 EDT »

Something very Neylandesque about Butch in this pic.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 09:29:58 EDT »

Something very Neylandesque about Butch in this pic.

I don't think that was by coincidence.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 10:28:58 EDT »

I don't think that was by coincidence.   

Probably not...but it shows great awareness of our tradition.  Butch definitely gets it!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 11:04:52 EDT »

All the Cops!!! Did Slime have Butch arrested for beating a ranked team? 
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 11:23:06 EDT »

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 03:43:17 EDT »

That is an excellent photo shop right there my friend! Absolutely Awesome!!!!
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 04:21:22 EDT »

The expression on Butch's face is priceless. "Can it be?" "Is it for real?" Love, love, love that picture!
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 04:29:34 EDT »

execute as he and his staff had taught them....I saw it as him relishing the "pay off" and fruition of his "brick by brick" method as well as relishing the joy his kids would experience from their following his method. A truly great game! I told my son that while I hated the close loss last week, I'd trade it for a defeat of Spurrier and his smart-aleck comments...I always relish the opportunity to provide him motivation to throw his visor and/or headset. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: