VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 01:49:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Given Saturday  (Read 2640 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2013, 04:54:26 EDT »

I may ne the crazy one but I think the Bummer game is a close one. I honestly think we can do a good job at scaring them. Shaws legs are what really made the difference yesterday and his ability to get the edge on our DL. It's been almost four year since we got a win like yesterday even though it wwas the same team. I know all are probably still celebrating, and I don't blame anyone for that. Now we move on to "The Third Saturday In October" and a much hated Rival. I really hope that "I don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama is sung by many and still going by this time next week.

GO VOLS!!   
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 05:02:05 EDT »

What hurts is to beat the No. 11 team in the country and still open as a 4-touchdown underdog. Ouch!

I don't think Tennessee can really come close to beating Alabama . . . but I also thought South Carolina would win by a couple of scores, so what do I know? I think our D matches up better with Alabama than with either of our next two opponents (Auburn/Mizzou), but I also don't think our O is going to be able to move the ball with much efficiency.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:11:06 EDT »

Well given there previous opponent was Arky and they(USCe and Bumme ) destroyed them I think we have a shot. Would be nice to break the CBS curse we hvave going on lol.

GO VOLS!!!   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 06:26:07 EDT »

If there is any justice, Palardy will win with a field goal.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 09:24:43 EDT »

Even better would be if big Dan blocks their attempt at a winning fg.      

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:38 EDT »

YES!  Absolutely.

Or even better...we block one of theirs.   

IT CAN HAPPEN!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:00:35 EDT »

Tennessee will be outmanned. Bama will be favored to do waht ever they want to do agaisnt the Vols, but thats why we play the game. During the Bear Bryant years there was one game, and don't ask me when it was, but I read a story where the Vols were a heavily favored team. The Bear walked in to the locker rtoom and his pre-game speech was just a few words, "Be brave boys". Alabama went on to dominate that game. So to any Tennessee Vols who might be reading this, you are not favored and are expected to lose handily, so, Be brave boys!!!   And GO VOLS!!! GO TEAM 117!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: