VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 07:17:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mo Couch...  (Read 4360 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:37:53 EDT »

Heard a rumor that Mo Couch may be cleared to play by mid week this wee or early next week. Anybody heard anything?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:01:57 EDT »

It's my understanding that it hinges on his paying the money back, which he hadn't been able to do yet. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:56:29 EDT »

It's my understanding that it hinges on his paying the money back, which he hadn't been able to do yet. 

Can we get TRO to put a Paypal plugin on the site? We can all donate a few dollars and cover his costs. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 06:26:32 EDT »

Can we get TRO to put a Paypal plugin on the site? We can all donate a few dollars and cover his costs. 

Hmmmmm.  Not sure the NCAA would go for that one.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 06:31:00 EDT »

Hmmmmm.  Not sure the NCAA would go for that one.   

We need a tongue-in-cheek emoticon since my use of  and  didn't convey my point. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:06:07 EDT »

We need a tongue-in-cheek emoticon since my use of  and  didn't convey my point. 

Nah.  Got the point.  Just sayin' ...........

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 09:20:33 EDT »

Personally...I dont want him back.  He cheated and put our program in danger (we are still on probatioin).  I dont care to hear about how he is married and needed money.....there are other ways of getting help without taking money from an agent. I dont care if we need him to win....would rather lose than put up with that crap.  Good riddance, I say.  JMO

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 09:33:05 EDT »

Personally...I dont want him back.  He cheated and put our program in danger (we are still on probatioin).  I dont care to hear about how he is married and needed money.....there are other ways of getting help without taking money from an agent. I dont care if we need him to win....would rather lose than put up with that crap.  Good riddance, I say.  JMO

The guy made a mistake just trying to get by. And now he's doing right by his kid and being a father. He wasn't exactly playing for a supportive coach at the time and maybe felt he had nobody to turn to.

I'm not for giving up on someone for making a mistake. By all accounts he is a good, hard-working young man.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 09:51:12 EDT »

The guy made a mistake just trying to get by. And now he's doing right by his kid and being a father. He wasn't exactly playing for a supportive coach at the time and maybe felt he had nobody to turn to.

I'm not for giving up on someone for making a mistake. By all accounts he is a good, hard-working young man.
I guess I am a hard-arse....but I dont buy it. Rules are rules and there are ways to make ends meet without putting us in jeopardy.  I work hard too but I dont violate our conflict of interest policy by doing things that I could make extra money doing.  I need the money as well but I follow the rules.  Like I said, I guess I am a hard-arse. 

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 09:55:02 EDT »

I guess I am a hard-arse....but I dont buy it. Rules are rules and there are ways to make ends meet without putting us in jeopardy.  I work hard too but I dont violate our conflict of interest policy by doing things that I could make extra money doing.  I need the money as well but I follow the rules.  Like I said, I guess I am a hard-arse. 

That's easy for you to say as a grown man. Kids make mistakes (hell, conceiving his child was a "mistake" too I'm sure, but he's making the best of that). If you never give them a second chance and the opportunity to do better, where do you think they end up as adults?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 03:35:57 EDT »

Let me just say this, If I was in Mo's situation I would ahve had a hard time myself turnign down the money. What dad does not want to provide for their child? Good grief, Tee Martin had a child while he was in school that nobody knew about, for all we know he coulde ahve been involved with money too but we will never know. Couch felt like he was backed into a corner I'm sure and as CO said, he probably felt that he had nowhere else to turn. Everybody and his brother was all over Jamal Lewis and his mischief in high school but was real quick to forget once he started setting the world on fire on the field.
Mo Couch may or may not have played his last down for the Vols and I'm sure he feels/felt like crap for what he did, but in the end he did what he had to do to provide for his kid. I'm sure the players would welcome him back and to be honest about it, if he does come back, I'd walk up to him, shake his hand and tell him welcome back.  It's not like he went out and robbed a store at gun point or was caught with a gun in a car with the serial numbers filed off or anything like that.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: